Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I seem to have this tendancy to put workshops on repeat, and then forget.  (Read 3323 times)

Vidalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Carpenter is most of the time on repeat for Barrels, Bins and Beds, in ratio 3:2:1.
Craftstores are most of the time on repeat for stone crafts, to get rid of some of the stone and to make the traders real happy.
In various places I just place a mason, with a max level on something low and repeat on blocks, cleans up stone, trains masons mostly for military and I have enough blocks to create walls or such.
Also, the brewer and cook on repeat as they will run out of input eventually, thus cancelling the repeat.

That in combination with micromanaging stockpiles, so haulers bring everything to the right place. Bins near craft stores, barrels near the kitchen and still, beds near the living tower, lower and higher quality seperate for livingquarter stuff (cabinets, doors, statues and such) so I can see in a glance how much of each I have.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page

The only things I put on repeat are drinks, lavish meals, crafts and sometimes barrels. It works.

Melting down goblin armor for the iron is another good one.
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

The only things I put on repeat are drinks, lavish meals, crafts and sometimes barrels. It works.

Repeat works well for loads of things. Saved me a lot of time once I found out about and, and kinda make the teast manager useless. Its especioaly usefull for things like... cutting the large variaty of uncut gems lying around, the whole wood-ash-potash-pearlash production line, process plants, weave cloth, etc.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile

I just the job manager.

The whole thing?

I just accidentally 290 serrated disks, is this bad?

I actually keep a very close eye on all of my shops, almost obsessively checking to make sure there isn't something that could be done, or anything on repeat that is interfering with normal production.
Sweet mother of God! I just arrived in adventure mode and the sturgeon is still spitting out bits of dwarf!

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Also occasionally other tasks for training.  I'm working on a weaponsmith by having him make iron spears on repeat...I think I've got a couple hundred now.

KG

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

290 serrated disks? Wow, thats 29 weapon traps. You could make a dwarven blender. After your next siege, you can serve your dwarfs goblin smoothies, which I heard are a good source of iron.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:16:29 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Great, although you may find your entire dwarf workforce spends all its time disentangling mangled goblin corpses from your weapon traps.

Akkristor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, as of yet, no siege has gotten to the Weapon Trap entrance yet.

My Marksdwarves take 'em out before they have a chance.

One goblin managed to make it to a Cage trap set up just in case of Megabeast attack.

ProfessorA

• Bay Watcher
  • don't close your eyes, they'll get your eyelids
    • View Profile

Most of my workshops are on repeat: I use the job manager so rarely my outpost manager got sad that he didn't get to manage work orders :P
It all evens out though since everything is cluttered and most of my workers are near legendary.  2 of my mason workshops are cluttered with 2200 rock statues and 2600 stone blocks, respectively.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile

290 friggen disks? thats the set up for one masive corridor of traps!  ;D
Pretty small by my standards :P
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

290 friggen disks? thats the set up for one masive corridor of traps!  ;D
Pretty small by my standards :P

Mine too. I had one entrance with almost 200 upright spike traps in a 3x60 long corridor, 10 glass spikes (exceptional or better) per trap. Pull the lever and it'd make sushi out of almost any siege group, and the computer would lag for a minute or two as it figured out where to send all the body parts.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I should add that I might now be the first player to put every workshop on repeat indefinitely. How many people turn on Extract from Dead Animal and walk away for a season?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I usually use repeat for most items. In my recent fortress (which tantrum cycled to death today) I found a big area of bauxite. Set up a big stockpile for it next to mechanic shop and mason, and built a few hundred bauxite mechanisms, about 100 floodgates, 40 or so grates, and a bunch of other crap. I always use repeat for barrels, brewing, cooking, and making just aout anything else which I need more than 5 of.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile

What...

what am I supposed to do with 89 querns?

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What...

what am I supposed to do with 89 querns?

You think that's bad? I had 600 bone crossbows to get rid of.

Sell them, or plant a whole lotta dimple cups.
Pages: 1 [2] 3