Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I seem to have this tendancy to put workshops on repeat, and then forget.  (Read 3322 times)

PotatoMuncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't really know if this counts, but I have a repeated task for bone bolts, and rock crafts (I have 3 legendary rock crafters). AND, you can get iron quite simply, GOBLIN INVASIONS!!!
I think we found the only thing stupider than a dwarf.
Ladies and Gentlemen; Wagons can run shit over.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My problem with workshops is the opposite. I leave my workshop on repeat, but as soon as the raw materials run out they stop the order, not the process. Then, when more material is available the next second, they don't do anything with it. :'(

I've lost a few forts because I didn't notice the lack of barrels for alcohol, because wood kept running out every few seconds. >:( The newly sobered dwarves proceeded to kick the happy dwarves' butts and BAM! a tantrum spiral.
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile

doors/r!  Pave the 2 wide corridors with doors, and estatic dwarves all around as they admire them, bwahahahaha!

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My problem with workshops is the opposite. I leave my workshop on repeat, but as soon as the raw materials run out they stop the order, not the process. Then, when more material is available the next second, they don't do anything with it. :'(

I've lost a few forts because I didn't notice the lack of barrels for alcohol, because wood kept running out every few seconds. >:( The newly sobered dwarves proceeded to kick the happy dwarves' butts and BAM! a tantrum spiral.

I get that very often, when I get some more food barrels are momentaniously in short supply due to the new food, and all my brewers repeat orders disappear, this caused the downfall of atleast two of my fortresses!

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've solved this by shifting the problem to the Job Manager. Set 30 "Brew Drinks" tasks. They'll keep getting added to the job queue even when you're out of barrels, and you're notified when the jobs are complete so you can set more.
Pages: 1 2 [3]