Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armour Reactions  (Read 671 times)

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armour Reactions
« on: May 05, 2009, 10:33:50 pm »

Hey DF modders

I'm trying to mod in some armour gained via reactions, but unfortunately they always appear as 'large xxxx xxxx', so my dwarves can't use them. Has anyone found a way around this or is it unavoidable?

a sample reaction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armour Reactions
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:40:27 pm »

You have METAL:BLOODROBE as part of the product.

Is BLOODROBE a type of metal you've modded in?  If not, then that wouldn't work.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:42:13 am »

You have METAL:BLOODROBE as part of the product.

Is BLOODROBE a type of metal you've modded in?  If not, then that wouldn't work.

yes, it's a metal i've modded in so that the robe is a 'blood robe' rather than a 'XXXX blood robe'

if it didn't work, I could hardly be having the LARGE problem now could I?  :D

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:56:57 am »

Interesting.  I imagine that the default size for armor and other clothing is 7 (or higher, I suppose) and reactions simply don't take the crafter's own size into account as a guide.  You could possibly increase the dwarves' size until they're large enough to wear it, although you might have to remove their STOUT tag too.  It would be a cool experiment if nothing else.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:03:03 am »

A cool experiment?  That's high treason!  They'd look like humans, which are so close to *shiver* elves!

What next, you mod away beards because your furnace operators keeps dragging their ale-soaked facelocks through broiling coals?
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 04:07:51 pm »

What next, you mod away beards because your furnace operators keeps dragging their ale-soaked facelocks through broiling coals?

Natural selection, armok & players have caused their beards to have inflamable properties. It protects against fireballs and is rather handy when trying to put out a fire that does not engulf the dwarf in question.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 09:49:44 pm »

I know for a fact that armor made from reactions does not take into account if the creature it was made for is [STOUT] or [NARROW]. I don't know if the creature's sizeis taken into account wgen pieces of armor are made, but I know that I tried an armor reaction with a size 7 [NARROW] creature and then a size 7 one that lacked the [NARROW] tag, it was wearable in the second instance. Also keep in mind, gauntlets made from reactions are unwearable because they won't come in left and right gauntlets, instead you will gust get a generic, unwearable gauntlet.