Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Preview in Pictures  (Read 3126 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Preview in Pictures
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:30:36 pm »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Preview in Pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 03:38:13 pm »

SEXY!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 03:42:41 pm »

Nice!
Of course Stevens is about to be gone, but you have it set in January it seems so not really an issue eh?

Thought of a new issue to add that would probably be affected similarly as military spending, military policy/foreign policy. Basically, what is support or legal standing towards the Bush Doctrine. Also, there are liberal hawks, so that could add something maybe to the issue. And Congress can take action towards that, resolutions to condemn a foreign government, approve military action in another country or for the liberal side, new treaties signed or deny military intervention, just an idea.

All in all, very promising. Also, like the implied random childhood possibility.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 05:21:58 pm »

Cool.  Is there any kind of eta, or should we still not be asking that?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 06:09:47 pm »

All in all, very promising. Also, like the implied random childhood possibility.

Confirmed: Toggling that option to "Let Fate Decide" will randomly select an option for each stage of childhood. It will step through them, showing you the results.

Cool.  Is there any kind of eta, or should we still not be asking that?

Within the next two weeks is probably a good guess.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 06:12:29 pm »

That is nice.  Man I want to play this game again.

Will there be an option to choose your born name, or will it still be roulette only?

I'm actually a little put off by the reference to George Bush and the realistic Supreme Court.  I thought the disconnect and random names made the game easier to have fun, because it was harder to take it seriously.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 06:26:15 pm »

That is nice.  Man I want to play this game again.

Will there be an option to choose your born name, or will it still be roulette only?

It's still roulette. You can currently roulette until you get Barack for your first name and Obama for your last name if you really want to with this system, but I'd rather not just give you the option directly. If I were to add a choice system, I'd make it similar to how masks currently work -- if you pick a random name, you have a chance to get a special one, while if you manually select the name, you only get access to a range of standard options.

I'm actually a little put off by the reference to George Bush and the realistic Supreme Court.  I thought the disconnect and random names made the game easier to have fun, because it was harder to take it seriously.

That's one of the reasons I posted this, actually: I wanted to see how people felt about that. It would be a trivial matter to simply randomize and replace the names while keeping everything else the same if that's preferable.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 06:39:53 pm »

I agree, staying away from specific references to real life is good.  The game should always be about insanity and humor rather than realism. The only reason to add Bush is to make him a megaboss, but the game has no need for one.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 06:57:49 pm »

I'm a little saddened by the fact that fox got rid of the descriptive messages for issues, but still mostly can't wait to play the new version. :o
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 06:59:09 pm »

I'm a little saddened by the fact that fox got rid of the descriptive messages for issues, but still mostly can't wait to play the new version. :o

They're on the "Issues A" and "Issues B" tabs of the Liberal Agenda screen, actually. Said tabs look really lame and ugly, however. :(

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:45 pm »

That's one of the reasons I posted this, actually: I wanted to see how people felt about that. It would be a trivial matter to simply randomize and replace the names while keeping everything else the same if that's preferable.

Yeah, I agree with Aqizzar, I just wanted words to say it, um, tactfully.

No references to real life, please. Randomize for the win.

There is something that worries me. The Conservatives will remain in power for a minimum of 4 years to promote their agenda, rather than the 2 years in the original game. This is because the C+ President can usually veto any liberal law, meaning the government gets deadlocked and does nothing. The country doesn't move more conservative, but it doesn't move any more liberal either. The last LCS game is set in 2007, meaning two years until the next Presidental election. But this LCS game is set in 2009, meaning 4 years...This can affect strategies a lot.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 07:09:09 pm »

There is something that worries me. The Conservatives will remain in power for a minimum of 4 years to promote their agenda, rather than the 2 years in the original game. This is because the C+ President can usually veto any liberal law, meaning the government gets deadlocked and does nothing. The country doesn't move more conservative, but it doesn't move any more liberal either. The last LCS game is set in 2007, meaning two years until the next Presidental election. But this LCS game is set in 2009, meaning 4 years...This can affect strategies a lot.

No one ever said the Revolution would be easy.  Seems pretty smart to me actually.  First you have to paralyze the government by making Conservatism unpopular, then manage public opinion during the interim so that Liberals aren't blamed for the paralysis, then clean up the remaining Conservative elements after the Big Win.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 07:38:45 pm »

Maybe. But it can upset the Pacifist Crime Squad strategy, at least for a little bit. Well, the initiative sytem at the end of every year allows for Liberals to rollback of Conservative intiative a little bit, at least until the Conservatives decide to "rollback" the rollback.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 08:38:36 pm »

Intro and Liberal Agenda (Revised):

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 10:01:34 pm »

My god, its full of dwarfiness.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4