Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game crashes after any tampering with graphic sets  (Read 1430 times)

Lamia Domina

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Game crashes after any tampering with graphic sets
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:31:23 pm »

I've been attempting to install a graphic set from the Dwarf Fortress Wiki. I've tried three different sets and on loading my game get the message "Missing Creature Body Definition: CAT_MOUTH." It then crashes. Replacing all of the Raw files with the originals does not fix the issue and I was forced to reinstall the game.

Anyone know how to make this work? I'd just like a nice graphic set that doesn't come bundled with a modified character set.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes after any tampering with graphic sets
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:00:24 pm »

Well all I can say is that the error has nothing to do with the graphics set and more to do with the creature definitions.  The CAT_MOUTH thingy definition.  Can't help you much on that since I've never been even remotely interested in modding.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes after any tampering with graphic sets
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:27:22 am »

As Pacho said, a graphics set on its own can't cause this problem, but some graphics sets (like Mayday's) come bundled with custom raws.  It looks like you, at some point, were using raws customized to work around the "Cat cancels dump item: too injured" bug.

Try adding this to the bottom of your body_default raws file:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:CAT_MOUTH]
[BP:CAT_MOUTH:mouth][CONTYPE:HEAD][MOUTH][SMALL][EMBEDDED][APERTURE][GRASP]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:29:06 am by Footkerchief »