Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: The plains of the Dead RTD Turn 13  (Read 18500 times)

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Re: The plains of the Dead RTD Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2009, 11:13:16 am »

well you cant expect to find everything at the start.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 11:27:48 am »

Maybe you can carve your self one.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 11:39:29 am »

as a forester you can cut down trees as you have a hatchet.
and you still got the carpentry skill so use youre abilities.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 11:47:57 am »

I take the staff and start imbueing pure magical nergy in it, so I may use it instead of tiring myself from over-cast. Oh and if I have enough time I look for an inkwell (with a lid) and a quill.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:10:22 pm by alfie275 »
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 12:41:23 pm »

Another hint.

It can be fun to screw with the players by taking their actions literally  :P as one of my players almost learned that the hard way.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 12:45:02 pm »

What are all my skills i know i have wood chopping carpentry something about herbs?  ???
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:47:43 pm by Relm »

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 12:46:36 pm »

seen that before when i read others RTD's  :)

Woodcutting
Carpentry
Herbalism

you know everything thats needed in the woods except hunting.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »

It would help if the skills show in the charter statues.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 12:58:45 pm »

done

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 01:49:14 pm »

Hmm... having dark leather... reminds me of... OBLIVION! must... resist...urge...to....to....STEAL EVERYTHING!!!  Until then I'll play along this story...( btw i didn't change my action to steal everything)

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 01:52:58 pm »

well you see a chest and dont got any lock pick do you want to try to break the lock?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 01:59:37 pm »

Well, if there's not another staff lying about, I'll take the mace.  Then, as my action, I'll head on over to the Chapel of Bendes, and see about getting that mace blessed/anointed/some type of divine enhancement.  I'm willing to pay up to 5 gold for this service.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009, 02:07:03 pm »

Nah the chest comes later, I already did my action that is of more importance.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2009, 02:11:17 pm »

So who are we waiting for? *yawn*

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Re: The plains of the Dead RTD Turn 3
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2009, 02:49:12 pm »

The end of Turn Two

It's a good idea to post the rolls, and the the number of turn and include the turn number in name of thread, to keep people updated. 

This also seems like an odd mix of dnd and rtd.

Next turn I go to duke guy, I'll come back to chest later.

and yeah there needs to be the rolls.

[EDIT] If the duke doesn't see me as a thief (which might make him think twice about letting me in the armory or such), I'll help my self to the armory by picking up crossbow and the bolts. Also snatch a backpack while I'm there  ;)

You begin to walk towards the duke [1] on youre way there a guard by the castle gates looks annyoed at you and stops you in youre trails

Well, what do we have here. A common Rable like you wants to go into the castle? i have been told to watch out for youre kind and the duke doesnt take kindly upon it.

you try to tell the guard that the Duke sent for you [6] the guard looks shocked at you and instead of taking you to the Duke the guards begin to take you to the dungeons because being a liar(in his eyes). the guard throws you into the stinking prison cell and tell you that the Duke will come if he heard of you.

I finish work on my spring-loaded harpoon gun and my stack of harpoons, put them in my backpack, then run to meet with the duke. I then try to convince the duke to grant me the leather armour in the armoury that is on offer even though I was a bit late.
[4] you complete your harpoon and got some time to do 2 harpoons for it but then you decide its time to go to the Duke, [4] you meet noone on the way. You meet the Duke when you enter the Castle, the Duke was heading somewhere but you manage to make him see you and he waited a minute to tell you [4] that the armory was still open but you better hurry.

Fine i take some leather armor. *sigh*

The ugly dumb unsocial guard Grimus hands you the Leather armor and after that you just stand there looking dumb.

I take the staff and start imbueing pure magical nergy in it, so I may use it instead of tiring myself from over-cast. Oh and if I have enough time I look for an inkwell (with a lid) and a quill.

[4] you take the staff and imbues it with some magic, thou it will be better if you choose any specific magician path [6] while you search for the inkwell you thought it was a good idea to look under a table in the armory and accidently you made an inkwell on the table fall of and crash against the stone floor. Grimus looks angry at you and say-1 Gold coin!

Well, if there's not another staff lying about, I'll take the mace.  Then, as my action, I'll head on over to the Chapel of Bendes, and see about getting that mace blessed/anointed/some type of divine enhancement.  I'm willing to pay up to 5 gold for this service.
[1] you look for a staff but you dont find any and instead you take a wooden mace which the guard uses as training weapons as theyre out of iron ones [6] you then walk around in the town confused holding youre wooden mace thight and while walking around awhile and then you arrive at the statue of bendes were a man which speaks a weird language upholds you and wont let you go yet.

Statuses

Knightedskull
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hillburra

Relm

Alfie275

Frelock

New turn

give youre actions!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 02:51:03 pm by Phazer »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16