Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: So... Where're you from?  (Read 31339 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: So... Where're you from?
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2009, 08:47:40 pm »

I don't know if there are many churches in my area, I don't tend to notice them.

However, we have the largest Buddhist Temple in the Southern Hemisphere, and a fuckload of great beaches.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2009, 11:06:59 pm »

I used to live in a small town of, I don't really remember, maybe 10 thousand at the extremely highest. We had about 30 different bars, and only 7 or so churches. The thing is, they were all crammed in with businesses in the downtown-ish area. One bar was literally sandwiched inbetween a law firm and a church, with that group sandwiched by about three bars on either side.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2009, 08:12:20 am »

Hull has some of the lowest church attendance in the country.
So low it almost merits a Clarkson-esque pause.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2009, 08:56:18 am »

Mosque attendence here is a little strange. On any one prayer, there might be 20 people showing up per prayer, versus the Friday prayer, where the entire place is like a tin of sardines and people praying outside the mosque.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2009, 02:48:51 pm »

I don't know if there are many churches in my area, I don't tend to notice them.

However, we have the largest Buddhist Temple in the Southern Hemisphere, and a fuckload of great beaches.

We're Australia. We always have the best Beaches, it's what we do.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2009, 02:51:16 pm »

Yes, you do. The problem is that the animals living there all want to kill you, and are quite capable of doing so.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2009, 03:32:36 pm »

Yes, you do. The problem is that the animals living there all want to kill you, and are quite capable of doing so.

Ho ho, how wrong you Are! I've only been bitten by 3 deadly animals today, we don't live in a constan state of fear an- *thunk*

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2009, 04:44:08 pm »

I was born and raised in Nurmijärvi (which translates to Grasslake) in Finland and while being the biggest town in it's region it still has most likely the smallest centrum of any town's posted here. Take a look, this is really the whole centrum, and in fact a bit more than that:

[picture]

Beat this.

[/spoiler]

And this place is only some 30 kilometres north of my current habitat, the city of Helsinki (578 126 inhabitants), the capital of Finland, which is a really small city in world standards and it's tallest building is measly 26 floors and 86 meters high.

However Helsinki has an awesome public transportation system, It costs students (like me) about 0,50€ a day to travel between 5 am and 2 am as much as they want and there's loads of trains, buses, trams and also a metro to get them quickly to any place in the city. It's so good that I haven't got any reason to get a driver's licence.

What's a centrum? I can wait, even though I do happen to have google on my browser right now.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2009, 05:33:54 pm »

What's a centrum? I can wait, even though I do happen to have google on my browser right now.
A brainfart, that's what it is. Check the post again. Or I might just say I meant the centre.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:35:39 pm by LASD »

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2009, 06:02:53 pm »

Poznań, Poland.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2009, 06:17:04 pm »

Reykjavík, Iceland.

Holding a little less than half of the country's total population of a whopping 300.000 people. The most annoying things about it are the extreme variance in the amount of daylight we get, and in my particular instance the fact that it takes me up to half an hour to walk to or from my school. This place is mostly suburbs; the borders are full of empty, half-finished houses. It's rather depressing, really.

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2009, 06:20:31 pm »

You've cool mountains.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2009, 06:57:09 pm »

You call those mountains?  THESE are mountains!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, I'm proud of my mountains.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2009, 07:04:18 pm »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2009, 07:22:40 pm »

But we never let 'em!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19