Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Bedtime Story I made up on the spot  (Read 1213 times)

Saer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Axeman
    • View Profile
A Bedtime Story I made up on the spot
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:09:40 pm »

A friend of mine, while we were, well, idk... I guess you could call it a sleep over, it is complicated, we were staying overnight somewhere for a competition. But, anyway, he wanted a bed time story (jokingly) so I made up one, right on the spot. Here it is, I hope you enjoy it:

Once upon a time, there was a man named James Parker. He wanted to be an adventurer, although he was an average man. He gotten a job, to deliver a letter to a nearby town. So, he headed off to this town, but the normal path was blocked. He went the opposite road out of the city he lived in, because that was the only path. For nearly days, he followed this path. Eventually he gotten to a fork in the road, one leading to a freezing cold mountain, another leading through a dark, slimy cave, and another leading through a pleasant forest path. He thought looks are deceiving, so he took the cave route.

He had no form of lighting, so he went across the walls of the cave. He lost track of time, and he made his way slowly through the cave cautiously. He eventually found the light at the end of the cave.

When he gotten out, there was a city of dwarves that were willing to help him, but for a price. They wanted him to go back into the cave, and kill a beast that was dwelling in the cave, and killing any that went in. So, he took a lantern, and made his was to slay the beast. When he went to slay the beast, he could see that the beast was actually a giant bunny rabbit. He chopped off it's head, and went on his way.

After seeing the beast dead, the dwarves gave him food and water for his travels, and also two dwarves Frodo and Sam (those are their names no matter what now). They all made their way on the road again.

On their way, James Parker was making racist jokes to the dwarves, and they were not pleased. They threatened to leave with the food to return home, but he said he wouldn't do it again. The group then encountered a forest. The dwarves were afraid to go into the forest, since the evil elves were there. James Parker convinced them that if elves were to come across them, he would protect them, and tell the elves, "They're with me." So they continued again. While walking through the forest, James began making more racist jokes. The dwarves threatened to leave again, but James said, "Then the elves will get you!" So the dwarves didn't leave, after he promised not to do it again. When they were getting lost in the forest, James yet again made another racist joke. The dwarves decided, not matter what the risk, they don't want to deal with him. As they were leaving with the food and water, arrows shot through their necks, and elves appeared out of no where, stabbing them repeatedly with swords, and taking all their belongings, leaving behind only what looked to be a corpse of a dead goat now.

The elves offered to help James, and they led him out of the forest, because they didn't want to deal with his racist jokes. So then James needed to go through the great desert. He drank all the water he had quickly, and eventually resorted to drinking his own urine. He found a dead camel, and cut it open, removed the innards, and drank the water from within it (Man vs Wild style). He felt as if he lost hope, but then he saw in the distance, the town. He ran to it as if it were his last hope of survival!

He stumbled into town, and delivered the letter. That important letter, will then be the sequel for the next adventure!

Hope you liked it.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Bedtime Story I made up on the spot
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:11:52 pm »

This should probably be in the Creative Projects section, unless there's a secret hidden message in there that I didn't notice.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 01:45:52 am »

He is a spy sent from the new forces from the Underdark.

Saer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Axeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 06:41:05 pm »

The Sequel:

He passed out as he given the letter away, he didn't see who he gave it to before he passed out.

James woke up in the desert, his ribs were eaten, and his legs were chopped off. He was in shock, and tried to crawl his way up the sandy hill we was laying on. When he got to the top, he saw the town again.

James (for real this time) woke up, and a man was watching over him. It was the commander of the town, Steven Lewis. Steven thanked James for sending the letter to him, and gave him the money he was promised. Steven read the letter, and was shocked to know of the evil stirring. Reports from the city tell that there was a darkness stirring. Evil beings known as darklings were going to invade the desert. They come from a nearby volcano, and were being monitored by the city. The darklings were released, and they are only safe in hot environments. So Steven was preparing the defenses. The whole town turned into a fort.

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to finish it today.