Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I like dogs... to EAT.  (Read 1078 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I like dogs... to EAT.
« on: October 21, 2006, 08:14:00 pm »

I just noticed something.  Is there any difference, in the game, between a dwarf liking an animal as a pet, liking that animal as clothing, or liking it to eat?  There doesn't seem to be, and that's strange.  Someone who likes dogs as a pet is unlikely to appreciate dog-meat biscuits or dog-bone jewelry.

Maybe liking an animal as a pet should be seperate from liking them as food?  A dwarf might like how cows look and sound, without liking the taste of beef...  and dwarves could want gatorskin handbags without wanting to keep one as a pet or to feast on gator-meat.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: I like dogs... to EAT.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 08:21:00 pm »

If it's not working in the good way, it's a bug.  There are three separate preferences, and they are (supposedly) applied at different times, using either the material preference check, the eating preference check or the pet preference check.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like dogs... to EAT.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 10:48:00 pm »

Ah.  I guess I just didn't notice.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One