Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark wizard mod (need help)  (Read 814 times)

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dark wizard mod (need help)
« on: May 03, 2009, 10:02:35 pm »

So I got bored and cloned my DF folder, and decided to mess about with the goblins a bit. I made them capable of breathing fire with such tags as [FIREBREATH][FIREIMMUNE][DRAGONFIREBREATH]. Their speed is about 1000 and they're basically gonna be a bitch to fight off. I also called them dark wizards and gave them a different tile as well as colour. If they turn out well I may even add a few new weapons and armor and release it as an actual mod. Giving DF more of a magic feel, and making it 10 times more challenging than it already is ;D

End of rant, my questions are...

1) How can I make them attack fairly quick? As in have an ambush ASAP.

2) How would I make them ambush with skeletal companions? I can mod the skeletons in myself but is there a 'war dog' tag of some sort?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Dark wizard mod (need help)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 10:15:23 pm »

Give their entity:
Code: [Select]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
This should get them arriving quicker.

remove:
Code: [Select]
[BABYSNATCHER]This should stop them stealing babies and make them siege in a more expectable manner, not based on ambush success, might stop them ambushing like goblins though so maybe not what you want.

As for getting them to bring skeletons, I don't think this is currently possible, they might bring ogres though if your just replacing goblins.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 09:47:08 am »

Thanks ;D

They've arrived at the first trade, but not in a way I ever expected.

[img=http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2584/darkwizardcaravan.th.png]

I made their language human rather than goblin, could this have caused their sudden desire to trade with me, rather than annihilate me? They're tagging along slowly behind the human caravan.

Update: My whole maps burning. I think their flame 'magic' works atleast!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:58:06 am by Luraien »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:38:28 pm »

Without seeing the changes you have made I can only guess what might be happening.

If you have added [INTELLIGENT] then that would be it, [INTELLIGENT] automatically implies [CAN_CIV], [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK], you want to replace [INTELLIGENT] with [CAN_CIV] and [CAN_LEARN]. Creatures with [CAN_SPEAK] tend to make peace and will want to trade instead of make war.

[edit]

Nice to hear they are throwing fireballs, reminds me of this video. Oh and ever considered turning them Warlocks?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 01:40:28 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 04:34:10 pm »

Thanks, I was starting to think maybe they had something to do with it. I'll update this post after my first non-trading session with them ;D

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 05:57:22 pm »

Don't forget to make them immune to all the carnage.  You have to include some other stuff for your wizards to become completely resistant to heat.  You can look it up as i cant remember what it was.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 06:26:47 pm »

[HEATDAM_POINT:25000] and [IGNITE_POINT:25000] should make them immune to all forms of high-temperature based attack, on par with !!HFS!! body temperature. Make that a couple thousand less if you want them things to melt your wizards.

If you have [STANDARD_FLESH], make sure the aforementioned tag goes after [STANDARD_FLESH].
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:28:25 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 06:39:34 pm »

Alright, understood ;D Thanks.

Tested them out in adventurer mode. Managed to pierce ones eye and his brain before 3 of them set me on fire killing me in seconds. They come up as friendly though when I embark on their dark towers, shouldn't they just kill me straight off?

I went to such lengths as caving in their tallest tower and that still didn't provoke them.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 07:21:15 pm »

It's a known issue; regardless of race, any resident of a town you embark on in Fortress mode will be friendly to you. This will supposedly be fixed in the next version.

If you stay away from their tower, they should still siege you, though.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.