Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: World Painter -- GOOD GOD  (Read 5313 times)

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
Re: World Painter -- GOOD GOD
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 12:19:22 pm »

So, give it wings, but not the FLYING tag.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Arcanalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 01:55:48 pm »

Also remember! Balrogs dual wield whips and flameswords.

You all want Moria and that's a noble goal, but if someone ever manages to generate Middle Earth, I'm gonna try to dig Angband.

The tricky fun part will be populating it with monsters and finding a suitable version of Morgoth.

...Is it possible, using the Orc mod, to -play- as Orcs?

Jakkarra

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 02:09:20 pm »

Im going to give steve his whips and stuff when the next version's out, providing it allows it.

does he have four arms?

love, jakkarra

Arcanalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 02:25:43 pm »

No, just two arms (IIRC) he just has a whip in one hand and a sword in another.

Perhaps give all balrogs a whip and a sword in their inventory and legendary proficiency with both?

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 02:31:22 pm »

I'm gonna try to dig Angband.

ohhhh, cant belive i didnt think of that before! Angband, the iron hells. capped by the three greatest mountain volcanoes in all of middle earth!

but of course this means someone must make an island fortress and create the land of valinor. then the great battles that end the first age shall take place!

dont forget to tame dragons for angband. morgoroth had his great winged dragons, lead by Ancalagon the black. also, the only thing i think would work for morgoroth himself would be some insanely modded titan. massive size, huge damage, nigh on infinate damblock....

Arcanalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 02:57:11 pm »

As well as an iron crown with artifact jewels in it! >:D

A lot of the stuff that Angband will require (I know of for certain) is -well- beyond my skill level with the game.

Perhaps a huge joint community effort for the different Middle Earth strongholds?

Of course, that also means that someone *shudders* needs probably should stomach it long enough to build the great Elven kingdoms.

Urist McFortDesigner cancels construct fort: Vomiting.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 03:17:46 pm »

As well as an iron crown with artifact jewels in it! >:D

ah yea, the iron crown with the 9 silmarils within. i think they all should be diamonds :P

oh, and angband needs lava. much lava

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 03:27:28 pm »

I have one issue with the making of kazard-dum If anyone here has read unfinished tales then they would know that building moria (the orc name for it) took several thousand years (started c. F.A 800) and left around c. 1300 T.A
For those of you who aren't familiar with the time scale F.A. 800 means first age year 800 (thats when morgoth still ruled the west), so 4900 years later, in the third age (one age is 4400 years) kazard-dum was left to rot becuase the dwarves had found the balrog.

Second issue with the making of a balrog. A balrog literally means demon. These demons existed before the elves in the creation of arda (earth) they became morgoths servants and were finally destroyed by the valinor (gods) in the war of wrath at then end of the first age, the balrog in moria was the only survivor. Basically make then tougher then shit (Sauron, technically was a balrog)

Also Angbad means hells of iron (quenya) (it was the mines of thangorodrim that existed under the iron mountians) you are thinking of thangorodrim, the surface fortress.

The elf fortress would be amazing to be built only built in around 200 - 300 years apiece they were built by dwarves, who worked for the elves.

Or build the halls of valinor. The dwarf after life existing in the lands west of the pelori mountains in the lands of west.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:37:09 pm by Lord_Shadow »
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 04:38:51 pm »

Oh, yeah, Angband! They had an actual magma doomsday device!

Or how about the hidden elf city of Gondolin? Surrounded by mountains at all sides, the only route in is through a tunnel hidden behind a waterfall.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2009, 04:44:24 pm »

We would have to make elves be able to smelt and all that.

Elves would actually be helpful.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]