Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marksdwarf does not want to wrestle?  (Read 382 times)

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Marksdwarf does not want to wrestle?
« on: May 03, 2009, 03:01:56 pm »

I had 8 dwarves trained as marksmen (up to 2-4 level, nothing big). Then I switched them to unarmed so they could train wrestling. Now the problem is: seven do train and are pretty successful. However the eighth will never train even though he's not really different from the rest. He has the same equipment, same weapon settings, he's in the same squad, he doesn't have any weapons in his hands - but instead of training he just stands at the meeting area and chats with other idle civilians. In fact he's already Talented in all communication skills.

Probably he thinks that military career is too lowly for him and aims for the Mayor's seat.

Anyway, what might be causing such behavior?
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marksdwarf does not want to wrestle?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 03:03:57 pm »

Spinal injuries.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 04:08:35 pm »

Spinal injuries.
That's it! He does indeed have upper spine slightly gray, but it didn't fit into the list of functioning organs and I didn't notice the small scrolling arrow.
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 07:10:44 pm »

Spinal injuries.
That's it! He does indeed have upper spine slightly gray, but it didn't fit into the list of functioning organs and I didn't notice the small scrolling arrow.

Always scroll down in the wounds menu. Poor guy's probably been injured the first time sparring. Either put him back on archery practice to head up a dedicated archery squad, or put him into the guard.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.