Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [40d16] Sean Mirrsen's compiled modpack 2.0, now with less burning pants!  (Read 15199 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: [40d11] Sean Mirrsen's compiled modpack, + expanded version.
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 01:33:20 am »

Giant dire wolf men seem slightly overpowered. They can kill bronze colossi in one hit.

I finally managed to kill one, but to do so I had to basically let it exhaust itself and then break it's neck to stop it from fighting back even while exhausted.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:29:52 am by piecewise »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 03:44:18 am »

Yep, they are. They are supposed to be a lot less frequent than normal wolves though. Watch out for giant demon elephantmen!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 12:21:57 pm »

Yep, they are. They are supposed to be a lot less frequent than normal wolves though. Watch out for giant demon elephantmen!

huh, I seem to be finding a great deal of them. I'm playing as a modded golem and They're still unholy sons of bitches. I really don't see how a human would survive out there.

All the more fun for me

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 04:40:47 am »

Panther is slinking about town, like me. We bump into each other, then I quickly duck behind a tree and slink away.

Then, Panther bumps into shopkeeper. Hilarity ensues.

Great mod. I haven't bumped into any of these boxes yet, however.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 05:16:23 am »

They hide in caves and chasms. What, did you think treasure would just be milling around the countryside?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 06:32:23 am »

Figures the two caves I go into have none.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 10:08:49 am »

I have a question for the extended edition.  My dwarves almost always start out on fire.  Is this indended?  If I delete all the entries for Mcfiery plants, they are fine.  Otherwise they usually set the wagons on fire.  Cue explosion.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 10:23:56 am »

That..  wasn't intended, though it's still hilarious. McFiery plants aren't supposed to be available to anyone (they don't have any biomes set), but it seems they somehow still are. I'll see what can be done. Maybe even update the mod again.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 11:30:13 am »

I figured as much.  I can usually manage to get one dwarf away from the rest quickly enough to survive, but often he'll get too depressed to do anything.  I still need to try out starting on a glacier to see if they will live.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 12:06:41 pm »

No, fiery cloth has, like, +1000o temperature. And can't be destroyed by any temperature. I'll see if I can keep its flaming properties while keeping property damage to a minimum.

Just now I started a dark elf swordsman to see if I can take down a local adamantine golem. Upon starting, I noticed I was on fire. Luckily, only one item was made of fiery cloth - fiery beehive cloth, of all things - the loincloth. So it had to be very quickly taken off and tossed away before it set any of my other posessions aflame. Apart from providing a quick laugh, the event also uncovered another problem - cloth-enabled plants are also available to civs, when they also shouldn't. Let's see how many tags I'll have to strip out of them before they conform to my demands.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 12:51:10 pm »

Alright, fixed the issue by also ripping out all season and dry/wet tags in addition to biomes. No fiery beehive pants anymore.

I'll process some stuff for the Minerals mod and likely get a revised version up. With variations for those so inclined not to have ludicrous amounts of mutated wildlife.
Actually, I don't understand the deal with the wildlife. Everywhere I look, frequency is down to miniscule levels, so normal critters should be prevalent unless the game itself is borked in that regard.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2009, 12:56:59 pm »

Alright, fixed the issue by also ripping out all season and dry/wet tags in addition to biomes. No fiery beehive pants anymore.

I'll process some stuff for the Minerals mod and likely get a revised version up. With variations for those so inclined not to have ludicrous amounts of mutated wildlife.
Actually, I don't understand the deal with the wildlife. Everywhere I look, frequency is down to miniscule levels, so normal critters should be prevalent unless the game itself is borked in that regard.

If you don't want the fiery plants at all you could also just delete them from the Matgloss, since I can't really think of a use for flaming pants.

As per the wildlife I very rarely encounter just wolves (in deserts I encounter herds of 8-10 giant scorpions though) I almost always encounter the men,dire or giant variants. Actually encountering giant dire animal men is rather rare though. My last map just seemed to spawn them alot more for what ever reason.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2009, 01:08:00 pm »

I havn't had any problems with the mutated wildlife.  If anything, I'd like more.  I think I am going to try mixing the mutated wildlife with the relentless assault mod, and try to get some of the creatures to be used as mounts.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2009, 01:12:33 pm »

Fiery cloth has only one use now, which is magic bags. Magic bags can spawn using the fiery cloth racegloss, and you'll get a fiery cloth item as loot. Flaming pants, for example. More of an elaborate gag than anything, but having something not-quite-sizzlingly-hot to store some Frost-steel gauntlets until you require them (for wielding dragon-steel swords, obviously) could be nice.

edit: revised version, new world. The local town has been plagued for half a century, by a vile beast that has killed dozens and destroyed the town three times over. A colossal dire rabbit. Something went horribly right in there...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:38:01 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2009, 04:05:20 pm »

Fiery cloth has only one use now, which is magic bags. Magic bags can spawn using the fiery cloth racegloss, and you'll get a fiery cloth item as loot. Flaming pants, for example. More of an elaborate gag than anything, but having something not-quite-sizzlingly-hot to store some Frost-steel gauntlets until you require them (for wielding dragon-steel swords, obviously) could be nice.

edit: revised version, new world. The local town has been plagued for half a century, by a vile beast that has killed dozens and destroyed the town three times over. A colossal dire rabbit. Something went horribly right in there...

More like horribly right.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5