Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [40d16] Sean Mirrsen's compiled modpack 2.0, now with less burning pants!  (Read 15203 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Hello there people.

Since Modbase has been discontinued, and has some problems in general, I decided to just throw together this compilation of mods. I used Modbase for it, with some modifications so that it can actually compile the mods.

These mods are the ones that are completely mine. The pack completely replaces the objects folder.

Spoiler: Martial Arts + (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minerals and More (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infusion Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Meta-magic equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr.More-Oh's Zoo (click to show/hide)
Download from DFFD. (obsolete)

The expanded version can now be downloaded.
Spoiler: Changes include (click to show/hide)
Please note, this version is too large to test properly and is likely to be more unstable than the original.
Download expanded version from DFFD. (obsolete)

Revised version now available
This is a version of the Extended version above.
Changes:
- Issue with magic cloth fixed.
- Added new minerals, and a new metal. Look for a peat-rich location.
- Tweaked stats on the More-Oh monsters, added three size variants, including a semimega version.
- Made the More-Oh mod optional. It always was, but now it's official! :)

Download revised version from DFFD.

Installation of the revised version:
  • Unzip into vanilla DF folder (may be incompatible with other mods unless manually written in)
  • Run "clean_data_objects.bat" or manually delete files from the "data/objects" directory.
  • If "Dr.More-Oh's Zoo" mod is required, manually copy the "creature_awfulman.txt" file from the "raw" folder into the "raw/objects" folder.

Please report here if you find any bugs!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:08:29 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: [40d11] Sean Mirrsen's compiled modpack.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:03:23 pm »

- Adds some creatures that I thought were missing (the most blatant being the panther - there's a WORD for a panther, but no panthers!)

Cougar and panther (as well as puma and mountain lion) are different regional names for the same species, I think. DF calls them cougars.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:05:41 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:22:50 am »

I don't care if cougar and panther are the same species. A cougar is just a big cat, a panther is a big black cat, that's difference enough for me. And after all, there is a word for "Panther", not "Cougar". It wouldn't bother me as much (in fact, would probably not bother me at all) if "Forest of Panthers" didn't come up in my worlds periodically.

Speaking of which. Remembered another feature of the Martial Arts mod. Giant versions of most of the big cats. Which can give you a mighty big headache combined with More-Oh's Zoo - a yellow L can mean a lion, a giant lion, a lionman, and a giant lionman. At least I had the decency to leave giant elephants out, but elephantmen are still present.

And while I'm at it...  can anyone report on the stability of the thing? Back then the Martial Arts mod frequently caused crashes. I can't test it myself, 'cause I'm forced to use the desktop after my laptop's demise, and it can get me a whopping 4 fps in adventure mode. :P
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:31:37 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 09:18:55 am »

I don't care if cougar and panther are the same species. A cougar is just a big cat, a panther is a big black cat, that's difference enough for me. And after all, there is a word for "Panther", not "Cougar". It wouldn't bother me as much (in fact, would probably not bother me at all) if "Forest of Panthers" didn't come up in my worlds periodically.

What a "panther" is depends on what country you live in.  Biologically, a panther is any memory of the Genus panthera, which includes all of the big cats (if it can roar, it's a panther).  Locally, a panther can be a cougar in North America (oddly enough, a cougar is not a Panthera but a Puma), leopard in Asia/Afric, or a jaguar South America.  Some people use panther to refer specifically to the Black Panther (most common in jaguars) or White Panther (most common in leopards), but panthers can come in any color.  For example, the Florida panther (of which there's only about 100 left around here :( ) is plain colored.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 01:01:31 pm »

As a quick "oops" report, you included 2 different instances of the "All Economic Stones" mod. :)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 01:09:13 pm »

...where? I don't see it. It's only in the reaction_minmod_manualstone file.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 02:39:49 pm »

Huh... well I guess I take that back, it must have been from me messing with the files, weird.
Oops. :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 11:54:01 am »

I have a question... do moods choose from the entire assortment of items when determining the crafted item? Say, if a weaponcrafter goes fey, can he choose weapons that aren't mentioned in any of the entity definitions? Because with weapons like the Legendary Greatsword of Divine Flames around... (twelve hundred fire damage...  thankfully, such combinations are fairly rare)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 02:24:49 pm »

I have a question... do moods choose from the entire assortment of items when determining the crafted item? Say, if a weaponcrafter goes fey, can he choose weapons that aren't mentioned in any of the entity definitions? Because with weapons like the Legendary Greatsword of Divine Flames around... (twelve hundred fire damage...  thankfully, such combinations are fairly rare)

Yes, I think. I've heard of people who've gotten artifact blowguns in vanilla DF, and as far as I know, those aren't used by any entity.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 04:43:53 pm »

There are no such things as unused items in vanilla - specifically, blowguns are used by kobolds. I have unused weapons and armor only because they can be gotten from magic crates, but if they can be obtained with moods... let's try not to think what kind of damage an adamantine artifact magic weapon can do...

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 07:25:49 pm »

There are no such things as unused items in vanilla - specifically, blowguns are used by kobolds.

Not in 40d.  I just checked.  I don't think they ever did, in fact.  I'm pretty sure blowguns are a holdover from the days when batmen used 'em.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 11:39:07 pm »

I can't seem to get the infusions to work, I have uncut and cut black diamonds, iron bars, yet no option to infuse.
halp.

Edit: I tried making some with the job manager, it's telling me I don't have any black diamonds. :(
Edit2: Oh jeez, it seems my metal works hate me, I just tried smelting inobtanium, and all I got was nothing.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:02:04 am by Smew »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 12:15:27 am »

Well, to smelt something useful from inobtanium you have to have a crapload of the stuff. It's got a fairly awful ore-to-bar ratio. (like one to ten)

As for infusing...  hell, I don't know. I think it worked back then, but with the changes to raws it might have gotten broken. I'll have to go check if there's now a separate itemtype for raw gems...

Well, I found that GEM and SMALLGEM are for large and small cut gems. What's the type for uncut gems? Is it RAW? It's been too long since I did modding, I forgot some things.

It seems to generate no errors, so try putting this into your "reaction_minmod_infusion.txt" raw file, and tell me if it works.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:00:57 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 09:29:54 am »

Well, I found that GEM and SMALLGEM are for large and small cut gems. What's the type for uncut gems? Is it RAW? It's been too long since I did modding, I forgot some things.

I'm pretty sure it's ROUGH.

Rochndil, actually being useful...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

Smew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 11:30:15 am »

Awesome, RAW worked fine, I'm getting the option to smelt them now from the smelter. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5