Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Hunter dont return hurled kills  (Read 759 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
[40d] Hunter dont return hurled kills
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:40:36 am »

if a hunter hunts dwarfy with axes and hammers, and the poor critter gets kicked some tiles and then dies. the hunter ignores it and looks for the next target. he only returns killed animals from one tile away. still if gather refuse from outside is active a peasant or butcher will rush out of the safe fort and get the corpse.

edit: just saw, this only occurs if the target dies from bouncing on ground. if it get slammed into an obstcastle like a wall or a tree he still returns it
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:42:51 am by Rhenaya »
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Hunter dont return hurled kills
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 02:35:33 am »

I believe it's a known bug that when a hunted creature is killed and hurled into the air Urist McHunter, in all his wisdom, goes "Damnit, I can't reach the corpse all the way up there!" and then moves on to his next target. Hunters are much too busy for trivial things like waiting for corpses to fall. I had a hunter that killed gazelles with a hammer for the badassery of it, and the same thing was happening.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Hunter dont return hurled kills
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 10:42:17 pm »

000426 □ [dwarf mode][jobs][hunting] hunter doesn't return kills that were sent flying as projectiles (this will also call such kills to be forbidden if you have that on)