Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quality and name options for stockpiles  (Read 784 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Quality and name options for stockpiles
« on: September 08, 2007, 02:14:00 am »

It would be nice if you could limit stockpiles by quality, similar to how materials are handled now. That way I could designate a big pile by my trade depot for all the junk to sell to the humans, and a separate hoard deep in my fortress for all the masterworks that I want to keep.

Also, the ability to give a stockpile a name which the bins would inherit would be real nice. That way I could just search the trade depot menu for 'junk to sell to humans' instead of trying to find every finished goods bin, then search through them to make sure it really is the junk I want to sell to them inside.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quality and name options for stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 02:53:00 am »

First half of that is already in the next version:

quote:
05/25/2007: Added ability to have custom stockpiles with quality settings, did custom stockpile settings for usable and unusable items, added rotten/unrotten distinction to raw hides in custom stockpile, added plant/animal based checks for custom stockpiles, updated how engravings and smooth walls are displayed

oolon1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quality and name options for stockpiles
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 08:59:00 pm »

Bump, found what I was looking for.

To add to this, any features that allow me to decorate/sew/stud specific items would be great without having to micromanage stockpiles (somehow I always manage to decorate mechanisms, bins, and barrels, which is useless to me).

Thanks.