Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which one to take?  (Read 1524 times)

Angellus

Which one to take?
« on: May 02, 2009, 08:26:19 am »

Hi, I'm looking for a mod to play my new fort in, but I cannot decide.

I'm trying to find an as large as possible mod, which adds an extreme amount of extra's, mainly new races, metals (for stronger weapons without the addy necessity, I CANNOT find places with addy for some reason, if you know where to look, please say so XD), enemies. etcetera.

Though not neccesairy I would like to use the Orc mod with it (I'll just remove trap-avoid, I love trapbuilding for some reason ^^)

Also as a last question, does anyone know if pressure plates are seen as an trap? (and thus avoidable by trapavoid?)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Which one to take?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:38:40 am »

Civ Forge is supposed to have a lot of what you're looking for.  I think you could combine it with orcs, but I'm not sure.

There's also legendary lands.

Addy shows up as a light blue British pound symbol on the embark screen if you have that option enabled in the init.txt file. (called "other features" by the search function).

I'm not sure if pressure plates count as traps; if triggered by creatures, they might be, but by water or magma, I'm fairly certain that they are not.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 08:44:02 am »

I'd recommend my mod, but it's terribly out-of-date and relies on the Modbase (though that can be mended).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Angellus

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:20:08 am »

I think I'll go for civilization forge for now, if anyone has better idea's, let me know ^^

I might just use modbase with your mod at a later time, but for now Civ. Forge seems very attractive.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:22:23 am »

I tested Modbase with 40d11 just now. While the most prominent bugs still work (like the "1.1" to "single" conversion that baffles the hell out of me), at least DF does nothing bad during worldgen. I've yet to test stability though, it used to be a big problem back then.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India