Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I tried to set up a multi-adventurer group...  (Read 989 times)

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
So I tried to set up a multi-adventurer group...
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:40:21 pm »

I got my humans to the town, they retired.
Got my dwarves there fine.
Got my elves there without any resitance.

Then I load up my first human.
I recruit my dwarven hammerman and my human  maceman.

Then the elven spearman walks up.
And gets his beheaded by the dwarf.
Apparently they were at war in worldgen.
So I was allowed to kill the dwarf (as  he murdered a member of our town.)
I make some more adventurers, bring'm to town, load up my human again.
Killing the murderous dwarf counted as a felony against the town, so I am being hunted by the town.
The elven archer is killing kids because they were allied with the dwarf, a new hammerdwarf kills me, a child charges him and the maceman wastes him. Which counts as the maceman murdering a member of the dwarfs town, so they get to fighting.

I do believe I just made a self-contained war in a town.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
Re: So I tried to set up a multi-adventurer group...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:53:02 pm »

Dwarf Fortress gang wars!  Awesome.  Go chop some fools, and make sure to wear the right colors; blood, water, and vomit.

Is there a way to make this continue, either in the legends, or in adventure mode, so you have a constantly warring (and not being depleted) town?

And of course, you have to create a human swordsman to come into town one day, selling his sword to the highest bidder...
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:05:31 pm »

Oh god and elk just walked in and kicked a child ;D.

The elves are fighting, the children are getting butchered, and the best part is that they do day to day activities if they are alone.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:27:10 pm »

Man, you've created the Dwarf Fortress ghetto.  I think you need some burn barrels, though, for smoke and general atmosphere.  Lignite in a bin, maybe?

I just like the shot, it's like something out of Airplane, people fighting left and right, and all of a sudden, an Elk walks in and boots a child.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 01:34:46 am »

I did the same thing, although it involved a dragon. :D
He looked to be such a proper member of the town, right up until I attacked him, and he accidentally torched the top level of the fortress. The dragon ended up killing half the town before he burned himself to death :\

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 11:48:16 am »

I seem to recall this kind of thing happening if you mod goblins to be playable and attack the demon as a goblin adventurer.

You attacking the demon counts as a crime against the religion, and the demon attacking you counts as a crime against the civ.  So basically all the priests led by the demon start killing random people while the rest of the dark fortress declares war on the demon's religion.  And once goblins start hitting other goblins it convolutes matters more until it's basically a massive chaotic free for all while yer sneaking in a corner watching it all go down.  Good fun.

Zombiefying dwarves in fortress mode with companion without changing their value for their civ also causes this last time I tried it.  Zombies and skellies are aggressive to all regardless of civ, and once a dwarf fights back they become an enemy of the fortress because they are still technically members. It escalates from there, every strike making more enemies.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:53:09 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 02:15:49 pm »

Yo dawg we put a gang war in your game so you can ghetto while you play.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!