Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ursurping the Mayor  (Read 1147 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Ursurping the Mayor
« on: May 01, 2009, 09:45:53 pm »

Just had to share this fun little tidbit that happened during my last playing session.

I got a migrant wave just as it was time to elect a new mayor in the fort.. Somehow a lye maker, with absolutely no skills, and no friends, got voted in as mayor. This is actually the first fort I've seen someone vote in a new guy, let alone a random person, but that's not really the interesting part of the story.

So my old mayor got nudged down to "not quite epic" level noble housing while i let the new guy into the old mayors quarters.. but half way through redesignating the room, i get a series of messages

Urist McOldMayor is throwing a tantrum
Urist McOldMayor has destroyed a Support
A Section of Cavern has collapsed
Urist McNewMayor has been crushed under collapsing rocks

and so the mayoral position was open once again.. seems my old mayor was in a sour mood, and when he got booted from mayor AND booted out of his room with his beloved green glass items, he tilted, and threw his sock at the support coloumn.. which was the only thing holding back a 50x20 piece of land i was digging out for my defense system.. and the new mayor was inexplicably collecting a rock from about the middle of this thing... The chances of that happening... i cannot even begin to fathom.

Soon the old mayor was back in his old position.. and noone has question his rule since.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
Re: Ursurping the Mayor
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:54:35 pm »

Wow, the old/current mayor has a temper! :D
Even Captain IronBlood just lived with being de-elected.

Marko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Roomies
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:28:41 pm »

that's pretty epic...
Hm.
WHERE IS THE SAVE?
AN HOUR LATE?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:36:49 pm »

I wish my Mayors were that awesome... They just mandate random crap and forbid the export of harps

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:44:14 pm »

(Why does this remind me of a Twilight Zone episode, where the game characters take on lives of their own?...

If the mayor looks at you funny, pretend not to notice, quit, and destroy the hard-drive personally.)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:57:55 pm »

They're always staring at you with those beady little pixels...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 11:10:00 pm »

And smiling.  Always smiling at you, even when having a tantrum, or dying...
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 11:12:21 pm »

Pretty much like my avatar, don't let it get you while you sleep.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 11:15:18 pm »

Can't sleep, Dwarves will cook me into +Human Meat Roast+ and +Human Bone Biscuits+, and make Human Soap, and craft *<<+Human Bone Bolts+>>* from my bones.
Well, at least I won't go to waste.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 11:17:54 pm »

Can't sleep, Dwarves will cook me into +Human Meat Roast+ and +Human Bone Biscuits+, and make Human Soap, and craft *<<+Human Bone Bolts+>>* from my bones.
Well, at least I won't go to waste.
Sadly, they will waste the intestines, as they don't seem to keep them after butcher and "Meat" is really just muscle tissue. Makes me wonder how to save the intestines for sausage...

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 11:20:23 pm »

Almost forgot about the +Human Leather Coat+, too.

Eh, I figure that's revenge.  The miasma from the Human Chunks will cheese off the Dwarves, possibly causing a tantrum spiral.
That, and a Dwarf with a big enough Quern can make anything into a Roast.