Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: New 40k Mod  (Read 4374 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
New 40k Mod
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:08:05 pm »

Hey everyone. I was juggling around the idea of doing a new, better 40k mod. I was interested in what people think about it, and if anyone has any suggestions.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
Re: New 40k Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 06:27:35 am »

WAAAAGH!
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 06:40:28 am »

Nurgle would love you for it!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 07:53:04 am »

For the Hord-- I mean the Emperor!

In other words, I support this idea fully.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 01:26:31 pm »

Thanks Guys.

I could use a little help though. I think I need some ideas for animals. I am using the DF ones.

And drinks. I know of Amasec, Rotgut, and Sacra, but thats it.

The only tree I can remember is Nalwood.

Anyone know anything that can help?

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 02:27:48 pm »

Is there going to be squats? Seriously though, Who will function as the basic dwarf analogue? And as for tyranids, how will they work? Also, I found this: http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/animalmap/map.html that should help you with your animal/plant problem. Can't help you with the booze though.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 02:31:05 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 02:35:46 pm »

Is there going to be squats? Seriously though, Who will function as the basic dwarf analogue? And as for tyranids, how will they work? Also, I found this: http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/animalmap/map.html that should help you with your animal/plant problem. Can't help you with the booze though.
Imperials.

Tyranids?

Well, I think a Carnifex will be a Megabeast, and Lictors might eventually be an ambushing civ, while Gaunts will have their own civ. I think I might have Genestealers too.

Right now I have Imperials, Orks, and Chaos Cultists done. I am working on Eldar.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 02:44:26 pm »

I think that carnifexes should be a semimegabeast. Old one eye is a very special carnifex who  can regenerate, has gigantic crab-like claws and has one eye missing that stubbornly refuses to regenerate. He is also much bigger and would make a good megabeast.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 03:00:56 pm »

Except for the fact that there would be multiple Old One eyes

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 03:09:51 pm »

New sub-genus?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 03:10:46 pm »

I dont know

I do have grox.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 05:06:51 pm »

Ill have Daemons, like Great Unclean Ones(although these will be much better in the next version of DF), Bloodthirsters(Very strong), Lord Of Change(Maybe have [FIREBREATH] as a attack?) and WHatever the last one is(I do not really care about Slannesh  ;) ). Plague bringers, Horrors, and the other 2 smaller daemon will be in, and some(probably Plaguebringer, and the khorne one) will be civs.

Grots will probably be in, as a koboldish type of civ.

EDIT:ALSO, I could use a little help. Post if you wish to help.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 05:11:57 pm by Org »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 06:59:20 pm »

I'd love to help!... Just give me 2 years to learn to mod! ;D

Seriously, though, I can't wait to see this mod come to fruition. Is there some way to make Orks appear in extreme numbers to simulate a WAAAAAGH!! ? Siege numbers are decent, but Orks are supposed to be the living equivalent of a tidal wave.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 07:04:44 pm »

I'd love to help!... Just give me 2 years to learn to mod! ;D

Seriously, though, I can't wait to see this mod come to fruition. Is there some way to make Orks appear in extreme numbers to simulate a WAAAAAGH!! ? Siege numbers are decent, but Orks are supposed to be the living equivalent of a tidal wave.
Modding is quite easy.

I plan to give Ork No pain, no exert, and trance

Commissar Internet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 07:13:34 pm »

Could we see some Tau in this version?  I'm sure they don't all use pulse rifles.  Some backwater Tau worlds likely use caseless slugthrowers(like the H&K G11).  A bolter is fine too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5