Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: caged goblins, love it.  (Read 964 times)

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
caged goblins, love it.
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:55:29 am »

So I know i'm really still a n00b, but I am finding it hilarious having goblins in cages.  I am building at least one cage for goblins in each noble dining room, and have one in my big hall for everyone to admire and throw parties around.

I need more goblin cages, though.  The baron, his consort, taxman, and hammerer showed up.

Dwarf justice was much easier when I had a sheriff with no wrestling ability.  My jail is opulent, that should help...
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: caged goblins, love it.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:14:13 pm »

I'd say create a shared dining hall for all nobles. Line the walls with caged goblins.
Don't disarm the goblins.
Add a lever connected to the goblins cages. Put this in some peasant's room.

Hold a banquet.

Pull the lever.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:19:25 pm »

Sacrificial pits are fun, as are arenas.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:42:02 am »

I like throwing them into botomless pits/chasms, as you get to see a gobling colloured dot slowly becoming smaller if you look at the bottom level.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Ter13

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wait... Dwarves like food, don't they?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 09:03:02 am »

I'd say create a shared dining hall for all nobles. Line the walls with caged goblins.

Hold a banquet.

Pull the lever.

The only problem with this idea, is that once a seige or ambush is broken, the goblins flee mindlessly. The nobles will only get to witness your goblins' backs and maybe lay a bet on which one makes it past your wardogs.
Murderhold - A story about a fortress closed off from the world, attempting to survive a zombie-infested wilderness.
Murderhold Discussion thread

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 09:31:23 am »

Hold a banquet.

Pull the lever.

The only problem with this idea, is that once a seige or ambush is broken, the goblins flee mindlessly. The nobles will only get to witness your goblins' backs and maybe lay a bet on which one makes it past your wardogs.

If i did that, I planned on locking them all up.

Right now I'm suffering from the after effects of Claim other dead, Claim other dead Objects, Claim your dead objects, and a siege.  I was at 117 with a lovely group of happy nobles, trying to decide how to get a king.

Now I have 40 dwarves, several insane, and the little bastards are still going out looking for treasure while they should be rebuilding.  Good thing i have a large stock of food and booze right now.  just riding it out..
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter