Which is best for doing a LP?

Image Shack
- 2 (11.8%)
Photo Bucket
- 9 (52.9%)
Tiny Pic
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Which is best for doing a LP: Image Shack, Tiny Pic or Photo Bucket?  (Read 2040 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a few ideas for forum games, and I have a picture I want to use as my avatar, but I don't have any way of uploading pictures to do them. Please help me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:29:52 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Photobucket works alright, allows you to upload multiple stuff at once and gives you [IMG] links on one page so you can just copy and paste without having to navigate to each photo.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I've been using Tinypic, because it's simple enough, doesn't resize or tag pictures, and uses PNGs like a sane person would.  Can't upload multiple files though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

I choose photo bucket, you really just needs to get used to the ads on that site and not upload more than ten pictures at a time, atleast on my computer.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This probably doesn't matter but I use a Linux computer.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Photobucket.

The ads are annoying, alright, but the multiple uploads, the speed at which they are finished, and the IMG tags it gives you all on one page are great too.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Use filesmelt. it's a lot faster and more reliable

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Also note: There is an option when uploaded to prevent Photobucket from resizing your image, as long as it is smaller than one megabyte.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I've usually been using tinypic, but recently switched to filesmelt because tinypic became slow for some reason. Filesmelt doesn't give you IMG tags, but I think it's irrelevant if you use the reply screen that has a button to put them in.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use Imageshack for LPs, mostly because it gives you the ability to upload multiple pictures. I refuse to join Photobucket, and as far as I know, you can't upload pictures unless you join. I use TinyPic for single pictures.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Which is best for doing a LP: Image Shack, Tiny Pic or Photo Bucket?
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 12:34:24 pm »

I use photobucket, and I like it. I don't see the problem with becoming a member, it's completely free and relatively quick.

It's really nice for my LP, where I upload 50+ pictures at a time occasionally.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 03:45:34 pm »

Well, not really for an LP, I use Photoshop. Have over 200 pictures stored on photoshop and still occasionally look back at the ones I have uploaded earlier. Great if you are uploading multiple pictures and if you want to show/look at your photos again after the initial upload.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 03:47:34 pm »

You sure you don't mean Photobucket? I'm not aware of any Photoshop that isn't Adobe's...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 11:59:22 pm »

Bah, photobucket photoshop. Same diff.  ::)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 09:42:49 pm »

If you're looking for something less mainstream, there's always everyone's favorite file uploader.