Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: I know you folks don't hold much love for World of Warcraft...  (Read 3784 times)

Angellus

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I know you folks don't hold much love for World of Warcraft...
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 04:03:18 pm »

Snip

Exept for the 10 or so extra polygons worth of underboob, the WAR one is actualy worse then the one from WoW. AoC only has the grass sprites turned up to eleven and slightly more detailed buildings.

In addition to that, the screenshot from wow is taken without the enhanced graphics settings and it's a pretty horrible screenshot too when it comes to showing off graphics.

AoC also gets 50dkp minus for having a dumb trial client signup system that loops if you click the wrong button while the real way to advance to the download screen in hidden on a generic looking redirect page. And the trial client consists of a 2mb download, which downloads a 5mb downloader, which is now downloading a 500mb file, which i guess is supposed to fetch the full 15gb although i suspect that there's going to be a 3gb intermediate stop too.

As to whoever was talking about the big mouth boss: It's called Yogg Saron.

Edit: It's downloading 9 GB now, my prediction was only 6GB off.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 08:29:57 pm »

To my knowledge (I have some wow friends at school) the last patch was the last development for wow ('cept for maybe getting rid of bugs) so no more development and that a new mmo is being announced at blizcon or something. Anyone conferm this?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 08:33:40 pm »

My brother suspects that SC II is going to set up the plot setting for a Star Craft MMO.  No confirmation, though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 03:47:21 am »

To my knowledge (I have some wow friends at school) the last patch was the last development for wow ('cept for maybe getting rid of bugs) so no more development and that a new mmo is being announced at blizcon or something. Anyone conferm this?

They still haven't released Icecrown Citadel, which means that there's going to be atleast 2 major patches, one to bring the level and one to balance it correctly. And then there's the unofficialy announced great sea expansions and emeral dream expansion as well as either argus or legion stronghold. And blizzard never stops supporting things the moment something new comes out, unlike some other developers i could name, for example, starcraft, which is now 11 years old and has been superceded by 2 games and 3 expansion packs, was patched only recently so WoW is going to get support for a long time still.

azazel

• Bay Watcher
  • Department of Redundancy Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 06:17:59 am »

Snip

Exept for the 10 or so extra polygons worth of underboob, the WAR one is actualy worse then the one from WoW. AoC only has the grass sprites turned up to eleven and slightly more detailed buildings.

In addition to that, the screenshot from wow is taken without the enhanced graphics settings and it's a pretty horrible screenshot too when it comes to showing off graphics.
Oh, the WAR screenshot was from beta, meaning only medium details on everything. Personally, the difference between WoW and WAR is massive in any case. At least for me. I was using AoC as another example of how WoW's graphics are dated, not to recommend AoC in any way, form or shape.

Regardless - I realize that fans of X game will defend it unto death. I'm no fan of either of the games, although I liked WAR for its graphics (shitty game overall I'm afraid), and I liked WoW for its playability (1-60 was fun, BC just repeated the experience, but never managed to sell me), and I ... don't like AoC. A few interesting ideas in AoC, but execution was so poor that I never bothered with it.
マグマキッド

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 07:36:58 am »

Uh, fake informations....they won't stop developing this game, the next major patch will be: v3.2 It has been confirmed already.
In fact....as I heard, Blizzard is working on the next WoW expansion, but it's just a rumor.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:38:46 am by Tormy »

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 09:08:46 am »

WoW also still has four dragon chambers to show and another vault of archavon boss to toss in.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 12:34:37 pm »

Most people on WoW are stupid. Don't be surprised.

Fix'd.
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 04:42:51 pm »

Most people on WoW are stupid. Don't be surprised.

Fix'd.
leesten to da mahn, mahn.  he now wut he talkeng ubowt.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 05:54:13 pm »

Bleh, I only get to play Runescape in my area, thanks to my horrible sattelite internet. But that's alright, right? Right? :(

To be honest, Runescape's a pretty nice game, and Dwarf Fortress is able to pick up the slack. 8)
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2009, 06:26:45 am »

Bleh, I only get to play Runescape in my area, thanks to my horrible sattelite internet. But that's alright, right? Right? :(

To be honest, Runescape's a pretty nice game, and Dwarf Fortress is able to pick up the slack. 8)

Runescape is horrible. That is my personal opinion of course.  ;D

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2009, 04:14:00 am »

It's acceptiple when used to kill time but when trying to play serious and realising that you need to mine 2000 pieces of coal in portions of 20 or so before taking another trip to the bank before you level up and then having to repeat that process several times with even greater numbers before you are allowed to try the same with mithril, which is even slower...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]