Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Questions  (Read 6174 times)

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Questions
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 08:22:37 am »

Nothing bodes well for them.

Now go do your holy duties and kill the abominations of the forest!

Then burn the forest down so that they don't rise up again to spite the Elder Gods!
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 07:54:39 pm »

Done a bit of modding to the game, using bits and pieces of other mods and warping them how I like.  Can make some exciting characters just from the start.  I've also learned how to trade, which GREATLY improves survivability (Especially if I buy one of the swords I added that are used to stabbing, heheh).

The best one, though, is allowing most races a few knives.  For some reason, probably related to Kobolds, knife users don't start with weapons and armor.  So I just treat it as a thief class!  Wait until nightfall, steal the best armor and weapons, and try to skip town (Take a few guards out if you get caught).  Makes the very start of play rather fun, in both the killing and getting killed senses.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 02:30:33 am »

I only wish at this point that the complete skill system was allowed in Adventure Mode. Where you could make a house, or even a castle at somepoint with proper logistics and a lot of time on your hands, but it WOULD be possible. If you had the stone, and maybe even help, though the A.I would be hard to get what you wanted done, so maybe just by yourself.

And actually be able to make an entity at somepoint, build a village and attract people, build armies and lead attacks.

Forge your own armour and weapons, train up mounts and also have a stamina system for them so you had to also have remounts, and trains of mounts for armies.

And have craft skills so you could make statues, and Jewelery, and stonework and carpentry would be an obvious must in order to make those houses and a Keep, along with a defensive wall.

And at the start, you could go from a robber baron with a Motte and Bailey to a King with an iron fisted rule and the Iron Gates to go with it!

AND AN ARMY! AN ARMY OF SUPER SOLDIER CHAMPIONS OF THE RACE OF YOUR CHOOSING! AN ARMY SO STRONG YOU COULD CONQUER WORLDS WITH IT!

AND A SUPER WEAPON! A SUPER WEAPON THAT SPEWS MAGMA SEVERAL MAP TILES AWAY THAT CAN DESTROY ENTIRE CITIES!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*Slapped*

...Okay. I'm good.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 06:21:55 am »

How about a superweapon that fires !!Pig tail socks!! around?  I'd certainly find it useful.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 09:03:51 am »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Admantine Sock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? You can make those.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 04:09:31 pm »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Admantine Sock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? You can make those.
Yep, but unfortunately the effect of one object combusting 41.5 times (or 33.5 times) at once consumes all the oxygen on the map and causes everyone to suffocate.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 03:21:29 am »

PERFECT WEAPON THEN.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 06:44:18 pm »

AND AN ARMY! AN ARMY OF SUPER SOLDIER CHAMPIONS OF THE RACE OF YOUR CHOOSING! AN ARMY SO STRONG YOU COULD CONQUER WORLDS WITH IT!

Lanternwebs has one of those now. Conquering is scheduled to start on Thursday of this week.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 06:55:17 pm »

Oh...will there be cake?
Pages: 1 2 [3]