Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pondering the Fortress of Soap  (Read 2216 times)

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pondering the Fortress of Soap
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 08:31:36 pm »

i think the best soaping animal that you can easily get and breed is the cow. it has a modvalue of 2 (others have no modvalue defined and i assume it defaults to 1) and produce 6 units of fat.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

ZergSpartan

• Bay Watcher
  • OH GOD BEES
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 02:19:59 am »

There are only three acceptable types of soap when making a soap-fortress.
Elf soap, kitten soap, and noble soap.

Anything else isnt dwarfy enough.
"Yeah. My plan was to drop some kittens into the siege, and have my dwarves freefall into battle, landing on top of the kittens. The plan was kinda dumb though because the kittens were standing on grates, and the goblins killed them with arrows just as I was releasing the freefalling dwarves. So the dwarves weren't able to land on kittens and just fell and died."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 05:46:52 pm »

Elephant soap doesn't make the cut?

kuribo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unexplainedbacon.net
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 07:44:23 am »

I would think that making soap of anything that's killed a dwarf would be pretty dwarfy.

"Haha, foul macque! You killed my brother, and now your fat will be rendered so that I may wash my netherbeard!"
I OFTEN BURN WHITE HOT AND DRIFT LAZILY ACROSS THE STRATOSPHERE EMITTING PIERCING SCREAMS JUST LIKE THE REAL SUN

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 09:20:48 am »

"Haha, foul macque! You killed my brother, and now your fat will be rendered so that I may wash my netherbeard!"

I chortled.
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.
Pages: 1 [2]