Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Age of Restoration - Turn 22!  (Read 23659 times)

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 12
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2009, 03:31:39 pm »

Ramades and his workers spend most of the year working diligently in the newly constructed mechanic's workshop. Assisted by their magical machines they cut stones to fit the walls going up with breakneck speed and produce a dizzying array of mining machines: scaling up the city's works will require more ore than the token amounts discovered near the surface.

While most of the city's workers are engaged in engineering projects, Amnarchis gathers the wisest and most trusted of the city's scholars for another purpose. Inspired by the how useful the animated tools are for building defenses, he proposes to turn them to a more direct use for defense.

Spoiler: Crunch (click to show/hide)

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2009, 04:06:50 pm »

Doh, just noticed that my resource counts were off; I changed part of my plan halfway through doin the crunch and forgot to adjust, so I'm 1 stone short.

Easy fix: one of the watermill hills switches production bonus to stone and watermilled forest switches production bonus to food (it was described as being designed to assist wood processing, but presumably the labor saved therein frees up more workers for hunting and gathering.) This makes resource output:

Gross: +14 food/+3 stone/+1 wood/+2 wool/+1 leather
Consumption: -14 food/-5 stone/-2 wood
Net: +2 wool/+1 leather/-2 stone (from stockpile)/-1 wood (from stockpile)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2009, 08:17:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2009, 12:45:28 am »

Okay, it's pretty late, so I don't really have time to update the stats in the third post. I'm leaving tomorrow and I'll be out of town all week, so I won't get a chance to do it for a while; I'm afraid you'll just have to deal with outdated info on the front page.

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies

Zlrv

Asykos

Baneriant
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:48:50 am by Vanigo »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2009, 01:22:13 am »

((If Upkeep 2 means something particularly significant, please give me a chance to change my turn if I need to. Also, when you say 1 gold in upkeep costs, you mean 1 money, right?))

Spoiler: CRUNCH! (click to show/hide)

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2009, 07:19:07 am »

Glrk'nr was planning out the upcoming battle with Xengbubukza. It would be a glorious affair. The new wolf riders would allow all sorts of new strategies, many of them involving such tactics as This information is classified. Only two goblins are authorized to view this document. Reading it anyway will result in you becoming Glrk'nr's new torture slave. Yes, we are sure to win. You go train another unit of goblins, using whatever equipment is best. Xengbubukza bowed and left. Glrk'nr wrote down orders to have wolf pens built, to help train wolves not to eat their riders. At least, not until the riders died.

He then picked up a report from the pile, and his hand started hurting slightly. He frowned, read the report, then smiled. It was from Kazastrugu, who had found a way to create magical symbols out of blood. The blood from tortured prisoners were particularly potent for these runes. He needed more research to actually make them useful, but an example of one was on the parchment. Glrk'nr wrote back, agreeing to send whatever workers he could spare to help with the research. He touched the rune, and his hand started hurting again. He groaned with annoyance; the brilliant goblin would kill himself with his research one day. He added onto the letter to never send him examples of blood runes again.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2009, 03:39:22 am »

John gave a little smile. looking over the now much better looking reports, it appears that every thing was running smooth and normal, aside from the occacional lynch, theft, or/and destruction (which in itself is normal for the Baneriant). And even better news, Jen had returned not only health, but carrying a fair amount of loot with her, causing quite a celebration. At this point, there wasn't much to improve the city.

It did not take long for john to realize that was a problem all by itself.

"Ok then" John started the meeting. There were quite a few people there. Jen and Richard were of course there, along with several unnamed mooks, who's whole exsistance is to make it look like there was actually stuff going on at the castle (built around 374 AR, built by an unknown mason/furniture maker* and his crew, it was their third attempt after the first two had sunk into the swamp which it was built on). "What ideas do we have?"

"Well" Said random advisor #281 "We keep running out of wood, we could build a few lumber mills, or maybe a quarry so we can get stone out of the hills" Luke thought this over. It would be nice to be able to build more things at one time.

"What's your name" ask John. RA-281 hesitated, but finally answered with "Tom Fritzgerald". John reached behind his desk, and took out a 2 by 4**, and touched Tom on the shoulder with it "I here by name you 'Tom Fritzgerald, Foreman'. Now leave before you're renamed Tom the Headless"

*who would later become the Bandit King
**Pine, if you must know

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2009, 12:53:13 pm »

The new directions of research Amnarchis proposed send a ripple of controversy through the city. The streets of Antemnon are normally host to any number of spontaneous philosophical debates, but now the ambient discussion turns to more immediate concerns.

"Why do we turn our efforts towards the study of war? We should concern ourselves with higher goals. Have we not already spent enough time and effort arming ourselves?"

"Indeed, but there is wisdom to the young patriarch's methods. If he can produce magical machines to fight for us then we can fully concentrate on our own endeavors while they defend the city."

"Do not forget that our ancestors ascended from constructs not unlike those that he attempts to develop. His plans are tantamount to creating life--no good will come of such hubris."

"No good? I fail to see how anything that adds to the bounty of life is anything but a positive boon. It is thanks solely to our creation that the knowledge of the Old Empire lives on at all."

Due to the controversy Amnarchis's efforts are slow to win recruits; the research retains a somewhat tentative aspect, lacking the manpower to commit to a full-scale development program. No one is wanting for work as construction efforts continue apace, however.

Spoiler: Crunch (click to show/hide)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2009, 06:11:14 pm »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2009, 12:00:22 am »

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies

Zlrv

Asykos

Baneriant

Jericho
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:31:45 am by Vanigo »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2009, 12:26:20 am »

Those were dedicated grenadiers, not hammer/grenadiers. Also, does my military workshop also apply for slings?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:58:24 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2009, 12:30:44 am »

Those were dedicated grenadiers, not hammer/grenadiers. Also, does my military workshop also aplly for slings?
Okay, I'll change that. And yes, it does.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2009, 06:52:05 am »

Glrk'nr watched the goblin on the wolf run 6 prisoners through with his iron pike in seconds. He lacked the momentum for a 7th, but the wolf took care of that. Glrk'nr grinned cruelly, and turned to Stozuagun as the crowd cheered at the military demonstration. Get a squad of those trained within the year. With them, we shall be able to easily beat the weak humans. Now go, and send Xengbubukza off to find someone else to fight after we win this war.

Glrk'nr called a messenger over as Stozuagun left. Tell Kazastrugu to hurry up with blood runes, they could be useful against the humans. The messenger left. Glrk'nr decided that it was time to begin making clothing out of the wool stores, and time to distribute the glowing mushrooms to the populace. Happy goblins would help with the war even further.

Edit - Typo removed. I was thinking 3 labor, and typed in 3 for iron. Heh heh.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:34:38 pm by Nirur Torir »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2009, 02:53:10 pm »

10th, 11th, 12th laborers build iron shields and iron polearms (-3 iron, -1 wood)
It only takes two iron to do that - which is good, because you don't have three.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 14, finally!
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2009, 07:54:05 pm »