Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Age of Restoration - Turn 22!  (Read 23663 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 7.5: Combat round!
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2009, 07:09:57 pm »

"General Malchithein! The enemy is no humans, but wretched goblinoid scum!" the leader of the scouting party declared, shocked.

"Goblins? Fah!" Shi Shotan laughed heartily. "I'm glad we mobilized. We'll have to show them our might. Let no goblin think that his inferior race is worthy to threaten us! Horsemen shall Classified information. Your rank is not high enough to view this. and the Warriors shall Classified information. Your rank is not high enough to view this."

Old post edited.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 7.5: Combat round!
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2009, 07:36:24 pm »

The Zrlv forces, seeking to do as much damage as quickly as possible, split their forces and march around the city towards the Neo-Tyrgani farmland. The Neo-Tyrgani horsemen, with their superior mobility, easily intercept the goblin spearmen in the plains south of the city, and the opposing warriors meet each other in the farmlands of tile 2. In a swift and brutal encounter, the horsemen smash the attacking spearmen, routing them in less than an hour. They pursue and cut down the fleeing remnants, effectively destroying the unit. The fighting in the north is more even, but the attackers begin taking heavy casualties, and as the defending horsemen begin moving back in to support the warriors, General Stozuagun orders a retreat. They manage to escape into the mountains before the defenders can encircle them, and the battered survivors begin the long march home.

Turn 8 starts now!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 8
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2009, 07:40:16 pm »

I'd like to take a moment before playing my turn to announce

HORSES FUCK YEAH

(Also, well-fought, Nirur Torir.)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2009, 07:41:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glrk'nr unhappily read the message from Stozuagun, then read it again. He just wanted to bring the goblin civilization to glory, but it seemed they would be forced to achieve glory by bloody conquest. So be it. He dismissed the out-of-breath messenger, and wrote up plans to expand the military using the new bows. Those humans wouldn't stand a chance against the full brunt of the goblin military, especially if the forges were to be ready soon.

He ate a glowing mushroom. They really were good. Glrk'nr hoped that they would stop the populace from getting too upset once word of the first Zrlv military action being a complete defeat.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 07:53:12 pm by Nirur Torir »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 7
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2009, 08:12:15 pm »

"This is war, Dremmeur. War. The forces of humanity against the goblin menace."

"I can hardly see things in such black-and-white terms, Shi Shotan. The goblins, as well as us, have their own goals and aspirations and-"

"Dremmeur, do not try to sympathize with the inhuman wretches. It's just wasteful. We're mobilizing our military in full force - the Falcons of Khas are teaching these wet-behind-the-ears children who want to be soldiers to be men. Now, tell me what we've learned of warfare from the Old Tyrgani archives."

Dremmeur sighed. (Rimshot) "The old Tyrgani had a few particular weapons they liked a great deal. Swords,axes, and hammers, mainly."

"Explain?" Shi Shotan asked, intrigued. "Bladed weapons. A sword is a length of sharpened metal or stone, while an axe is a plate of sharpened metal or stone on the end of a rod, essentially, which uses the weight of the blade to split shields, armor and flesh. A hammer-"

"We use hammers now," Shi Shotan interrupted. "But how would you hold this 'sword' without cutting yourself?" he asked, confused. Dremmeur smiled.

"Well, it has a handle, of course."

"Ahh, I see..." Shi Shotan murmured. "Research axes. I want a weapon that can smash the goblin shields to tinder!"
Spoiler: Numbers (click to show/hide)

Also, huh?

Also, be aware: if you attack another player, your units will not arrive until the next turn at the earliest - this is to give them time to react, not for any in-game reason.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2009, 08:19:31 pm »

Oh, yeah, I changed that rule; just forgot to take it out of the rules post.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2009, 08:24:39 pm »

Spoiler: Story (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crunch (click to show/hide)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2009, 08:40:33 pm »

Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2009, 01:39:29 pm »

Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2009, 06:59:52 pm »

"Flying serpents, you say" said John, as he took a sip of his drink. He wasn't %100 sure what it was made of, but judging by the fact that his food tester didn't drop dead, it wasn't poisoned, so he didn't care. Across the table sat Jen, who seemed a little worse for wear, was drinking something she called a 'smoothy'. "I don't see why you drink that crap"

"It's all natural" Jen responded "and besides, yours is probably made from some guy's bones"

"Nightshade is also natural, but you don't see me eating it" John quipped, while looking though his notes. "Now, for the reason we're here: I want you to be in charge of the new military school I'm building this year."

"I thought you would be more worried about the "research" halls that Richard built without your permission."

"I already talked to him. I told him if I didn't see some actual research, he'll be eating through a tube"

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2009, 08:42:49 pm »

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies

Zrlv

Jericho

Asykos

Baneriant

I realized I've been forgetting to deduct your unit upkeep expenses, so I'm going back and correcting that. That said, turn 9 is on!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:05:45 pm by Vanigo »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 9
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2009, 09:48:25 pm »

Ooo, I like my turn. I feel happy. Iron, sage leader, and a technology. [Edit - And shiny truffles. I rather like them.] It's like you handed a flamethrower to a pyromaniac: beautiful.

Glrk'nr was meeting with his newly trained aides, Stozuagun, Xenbubukza, and the sage Kazastrugu to discuss the coming year. "We must continue the preparations to destroy the humans. Once we start making iron weapons the humans won't stand a chance against our armies. Get me as much iron as you can, as fast as you can. Kazastrugu: figure out a way for our warriors to ride wolves. Stozuagun, Xenbubukza: The humans will no doubt be looking for us. Try to find and harass their exploration teams. Delay them until we rebuild our military. If you can't find any explorers, find any further terrain advantages between us. We won't need the edge, but it's more fun to win a humiliating victory."
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:11:59 pm by Nirur Torir »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2009, 09:56:19 pm »

Don't forget your glowing truffles.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2009, 12:24:10 am »

Fuck this. I'm an alchemist civ. I'm gonna do some alchemy.

Spoiler: Crunch! (click to show/hide)
IF NOT:
10, 11, 12: Expend 2 wood to create 1 ☼Obsidian Swords☼ (1.5/1.5) and 1 ☼Stone Warhammers☼ (1.5/1.5)

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2009, 12:58:38 am »

Don't forget, without Trade for money income, you can only support three units.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16