Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Age of Restoration - Turn 22!  (Read 23637 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 2 begins
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2009, 09:02:38 pm »

"Now then, failure of a messenger. You will tell me why you had the new farmland created in the wrong place."
Hey, it's not my fault. Those mushrooms move. You've seen it yourself!
(I'd just fix it, but, well, this is more fun anyway.)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 12:19:17 am »

In those heady days it seemed like there was nothing we could not do.  It started so small, perhaps it seems even petty to those reading this in history.  We had reopened the quarry nearest to town and fearfully waited in expectation of the raiders to come attack our encampment as they had in the past.  But days went by with no raiders coming. 
Every day we would rise from our sleep and look out at the quarry in astonishment, seeing that the harsh land we had known was finally softening.  For a time, we were amazed that our labors were capable of shaping this land, making it a better place to live in.  But then the realization sunk in an a new spirit was arisen among every tribe of Jericho.  We were not meant to cower behind our walls any longer.  It was time for us to tame this land.
The petty shrine that Anselm had proposed was cast aside like a childhood toy, not something we needed to be concerned with any longer.  No, instead we would make a proper edifice to honor the gods, something twice as large as the crude sanctuary we had thought to begin.  Eagerly, the more distant quarries were opened as well, that we might have a proper supply of stone for this great project.
But was it not natural that it was our leading citizens who's idea's would hold the most weight?  The spirits of my countryfolk were admirable, but they did not have the brilliant vision which the goddess had gifted unto me.  As the chief architect of the temple, my name was among the ranks of the exhaulted.  With the glories of the merciful gods behind my name, I was able to convince the people to embark in yet another project, more audacious then the first...

-A recounting by Brennan the Sage of Jerico

(note: in my previous turn, I specified making a quarry in the mountains, not the hills.  I'm assuming here that order went through as I stated, not as was drawn.)

3 labor is devoted to food gathering along the river as before(+9 food)
3 labor is spent working the hills with their new quarries (+2 food, +2 wool, +4 stone)
1 labor wants to be lumberjacks! (+1 food, +1 wood)
2 labor does stone construction (-3 stone) (+3 construction)
1 labor does wood construction (-1 wood) (+1 construction)

Constructed: Stone Shrine
1 of 4 stone work for machinists shop
1 of 2 wood work for machinists shop

Carried over: 1 stone, 1 wool
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 04:29:37 am »

On the heels of this latest discovery, the League of Natural Philosophers has announced it's intentions to discover more miraculous technologies, aside from that it has failed in putting up a united front regarding just what it is they are investigating. With loud explosions and the sounds of fighting and extremely loud obscenities coming from the Hall of Learning, it does not look like they agree on very much.

Turning to economics, governor Crunchil Mustrun has announced the massive success of his harvesting plan and his intent to continue it. With the success of the plan many are starting to wonder if there is a way to store food for a lengthy period without it going rotten. An answer to this from the Natural Philosophers is not forthcoming.

On the lighter side, with the strange rain of fish reported last week it looks like Fernsworthy will be having a most delicious dinner of rock and soil tonight. Record crowds have turned up to witness the event. When Nomindarmus was pressed on his thoughts of his victory he replied: GOOGOOG'JOOB I AM THE WALRUS!

(same as last turn)
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2009, 10:21:04 pm »

Turn 2 is complete!

Asykos:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zefies:

Neo-Tyrgani:

Zrlv:

Jericho:

Lamrinkus:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:57:30 pm by Vanigo »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2009, 11:22:37 pm »

Yeah, that was an error. I forgot to change that bottom part.
Spoiler: RP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Numbers (click to show/hide)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 3 is now!
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 12:50:32 am »

Pleased at the results of his researches, Amnarchis sets out to put the city's newfound understanding of irrigation into action. The sheer scale of the work leaves few workers to grow the crops the city needs, so he orders the grain stockpiles allocated to the workers in the fields. The sight of the granaries being emptied is a source of concern, but the prospect of seeing them filled faster than ever spurs the citizenry to work.

Meanwhile Ramades leaves his pupils to continue the work of excavation while he himself resumes leadership of the now-vacated Halls of Learning. His studies into wooden construction having given him some insight into the physical properties of wood, he claims to have an understanding of some of the simple projectile weapons described in the Great Library's archives. While his fellow Asykos are less enthusiastic about weapons development, the principle seems intriguing enough to inspire diligent assistance in his research.

Spoiler: crunch (click to show/hide)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 02:45:34 am »

The workshop I proposed was not all that magnificent a building.  I certainly was not foolish enough to risk the gods wrath by making it more splendid then the nearby shrine to their honor.  But the workshop became a new heart for our town, giving life to all sorts of ideas.  I must confess that at first, the workshop seemed to do more distraction then good.  These mechanisms of mine drew many an intruiged hillman or woodsmen away from the countryside.  But the fanciful idea's of the year before we're translated into firm ideas.  Then, eagerly, these idea's started to be turned into reality...

6 harvesters:
3 labor works the river
1 works the hills
1 works the mountains
1 goes fishing

(+12 food, +3 stone, +1 wool)

5 builders:
4 labor builds from stone (+6 construction)
1 labor builds from wood (+1 construction)

(complete machinists shop: 4 construction, -1 stone, (1 stone and 1 wood provided previous turn))
(clothiers workshops built: 2 construction, -2 stone)
(start on woodcutters village: 1 construction, -1 stone)
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 05:50:18 pm »

The extra zefies had come with an interesting concept. Hypothetically speaking, if food production was increased, overall production could be boosted, along with (hypothetically) the population.
Tikhon: It sounds like a good idea. Boosted production is never a bad thing.
Alastair: And a capability to get more zefies in a safeish place is better.
Tikhon: How much of a boost in food production would be needed?
Zefie Advisor A: We’d need to boost production to 162%.
<Stunned silence>

Alastair: How many zefies would be needed to grow that much food?
Zefie Advisor A: I dunno.
Tikhon: You calculated a percentage point figure which we may or may not when we may or may not have math, but you can’t tell us how many zefies it’d take?
Zefie Advisor B: Over half of them sir. 6,000 to be exact.
Zefie Advisor A shuffles off awkwardly.

Alastair: Very well. Figure it out. I’d also like plans to be made to increase our learning capability. No one here knows whether or not anyone knows if we can make swords. Math wouldn’t be a bad idea either.
Zefie Advisor C: I’ll draw up plans for an ‘wikipedia connection’ immediately sire.
Zefie Advisor C is smacked by Zefie Advisor D.
Zefie Advisor C: “OW!”
Zefie Advisor C swings wildly, hitting B.
A good natured and harmless scrimmage breaks out.

Tikhon: Maybe drawing up plans for containment of our advisors would be a good idea.
Alastair: Should we call it ‘advisor containment area?’
Tikhon: How about the Hall of Learning?

A shoe went flying from the crowd, straight towards Alastair! The hardened warrior watched it come. Time seemed to slow. Alastair bent over backwards. The shoe passed right over his head.
Zefie Advisor A: But zefies don’t really have heads. And we don’t wear shoes!!

Agricultural Team: 2 labor to irrigate 5.
Zefies farm 1, and 5 for 8 food.
Zefies farm 5, 8, and 15 for 9 more food.
Zefies work 7 for one food and one wood
Zefies quarry 10 for 2 stone
Two Zefies build the Hall of learning out of solid stone.

Extra Rations for the zefies!!
18 food -18 food = 0 food left over
+ 1 wood (1 total)
+ 2 stone - 2 (0 left)
+ 0 wool (1 left)
+ Hall of learning
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 11:04:31 am »

bump
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 12:10:06 pm »

Spoiler: OOC Actions (click to show/hide)

Grlk'nr was meeting with his advisers. "You're right, of course, Stozuagun. We do need more soldiers. Go ahead and draft the strongest laborers you can find, and have whichever arms you want for them made."

"Of course." The general bowed and left, leaving only the Xungbubukza with Grlk'nr.

"We shouldn't have listened to that cowardly rebel. Of course he wouldn't have told us where the leader was. Take the spearmen, and explore to the north this time. I also approve of your other idea; order whichever laborers you choose to build your 'special project' before you leave."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:27:16 pm by Nirur Torir »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2009, 07:02:44 pm »

NewerMartianEmperor, we're still waiting for your turn. Two days before you idle.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2009, 08:39:25 pm »

Okay, NME is officially idle this turn. As for everyone else:

Neo-Tyrgani

Asykos

Jericho

Zefies

Zrlv

Also:
At mainiac's suggestion, I'm changing the way extra food and luxury resources work. Each point of a luxury resources gives 10 luxury points, and each extra food gives 2. Every luxury point raises morale by 1 for 1000 people.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:06:39 pm by Vanigo »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 4 is finally here
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2009, 09:53:59 pm »

DREMMEUR IS AWESOME.

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2009, 10:16:05 pm »

Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2009, 10:34:33 pm »

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16