Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Age of Restoration - Turn 22!  (Read 23628 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 19
« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2009, 07:07:10 pm »

Curses, foiled by growth! I'm fine with not having the map updated unless I request it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glrk'nr was reviewing written reports, trying to figure out way to feed the continually growing populace. He shook his head as he realized that it would be very difficult to feed everyone enough, and left his office to find Kazastrugu.

------------------

"Kazastrugu. I've been reviewing the reports from the farmer overseers, and we're going to have trouble feeding all the peasants soon. I've got an idea in mind, but it's not perfect, and I want to hear your suggestions."

The sage looked up as Glrk'nr spoke. "I've been thinking about that, sir, and we could use all this wool to make whips, and arm the peasants with them. 4000 troops with whips would surely be able to help our primary troops." The sage held out a woolen whip, which Glrk'nr took and used to strike a nearby researcher twice.

"Wool won't work; he's still standing. Besides that, that many untrained troops would only get lost while marching and there's no time for Stozuagun to train them, not to mention trying to feed them all. Any other ideas? We can only raid the halflings for their pathetic excuse for food before for so long they're all dead."

"Hmm. We might be able to send some farmers off to take over the abandoned halfling town after the troops are finished with it. They could then ship food back."

Glrk'nr grunted his dissatisfaction. "Sending farmers off to live alone wouldn't work. They'd only rebel, unless .... unless we put them under strict martial law. Excellent plan, get to work figuring out exactly how it will work. I'm going to go talk with Stozuagun about our next war. If one could even call fights against halfings a war."

---------------

"Stozuagun, how soon until your troops will be ready to attack the halfings? We need their land for our own uses."

The general looked at the leader with look that showed he didn't understand. "Two, maybe three years."

"Excellent. The full resources of the city are at your disposal for rebuilding our military."

The general nodded. "As much as I want them destroyed, and although I would not presume to question your will, I fail to see what good their land itself will do us. It's too far away."

"Yes, it is. However, Kazastrugu had the idea of sending farmers there to build a colony. If we station troops there and hold the colonists under martial law --"

The general nodded once more, eagerly this time. "They won't be able to rebel. It's perfect. If we rotate the garrison out, we'll be able to keep track of and eliminate any dissidents. If that is all, I'll get to work training more wolf riders."

---------------

Glrk'nr met up with the goblin in charge of the tribute wagon the day before it left, and handed the goblin a bow, an iron arrow, and three wooden arrows. "Give these to their leader. See if the humans will trade anything for 100 more bows and a supply of iron arrows for them."

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2009, 10:53:11 pm »

Actually, Strife, the status update is already up.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2009, 01:40:10 pm »

John pulled himself from his bed, not really feelling it today. Despite the break through that the research teams had created, he had not be very exciting. It did not help that Tom was ramming all of his plans down John's throat. He walkeed over his his desk, and looked down at the tall stacks of paper that had invaded it. even the super secret plan he had be working on for the past years could shake off this fealling of ugh that had gripped him. After signing here and signing there ans doting they I's and crossing the T's, he headed back for bed.

**** the world John thought as he passed out Even I need my sleep

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2009, 02:17:17 am »

The expedition returns with even less fanfare than when it departed. With nothing to show for his efforts, Thedrassus spends only a brief time marshalling supplies and seeing to the training of the latest militia before setting out with his men again.

Some of the people take the expedition's lack of findings as a sign that the wilderness is just as barren as had been thought; others argue that the explorers simply need to be able to venture further afield and look to the timely development of horse-drawn vehicles as a possible aid. With research proceeding at a good pace Amnarchis allows himself to be persuaded to direct research toward further improvements along these lines, believing that better transportation may make life easier in and around the city as well.

Spoiler: Crunch (click to show/hide)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2009, 09:11:52 am »

0A. Research Metalworking
0E. Scout for new resources with Swordsmen-Grenadiers with General
0G. ^That
1-11. Work Tiles 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17, 18 (19 F, 1 Tin, 1 Copper, 2 Wool, 2 Wood, 3 Stone, 1 Ember Rose, 4 Money)
12-17: Construct Breeding Pens

RP Later, I hope. If not, at least Vanigo can get the turn and status update up.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2009, 08:30:17 pm »

End results:

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2009, 12:46:16 am »

Sorry about this, guys, but I'm just running late tonight. Going to have to update tomorrow.
Mainiac, if you get your turn up before I do the update, I'll let it in.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2009, 09:14:55 pm »

Okay, guys, the next turn is finally up. However, it's likely to be the last one for a while. I'm heading out on vacation this weekend, and I won't be back for two weeks. Maybe we can get another turn in before then... but recent trends suggest otherwise.

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies

Zrlv

Jericho
Stalled out again.

Asykos

Baneriant

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 20
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2009, 07:55:10 am »

Haha! Food food food! Food! Oh how I love food! Food!
You forgot my exploration southwards and my new military unit: wolf riders with iron polearms, iron shields, and light iron armor.

Glrk'nr was meeting with the Kazastrugu, Stozuagun, and the goblins in charge of various sections of commerce, agriculture, and industry within the city. "Due to your continued efforts in these irritatingly peaceful times, we are now ready once more to strike. The halflings shall feel our might. Stozuagun, this will be a raid. Take their food, enslave as many as you can, and test the resolve of their militia. Next year, we enslave the rest of them, and if things go well, use the town to supply this city with extra food the year after that. After that, Xengbubukza can find a more worthy foe to fight." There was a cheer from the assembled goblins, then Glrk'nr looked around. "Where is he, anyway?"

Stozuagun looked slightly uncomfortable. "He ... left yesterday to hunt with a few warriors. He didn't say how long he would be gone." Glrk'nr looked satisfied with the answer, and Stozuagun continued. "I shall set out with the military within the week, and join the pathetic halflings in glorious battle."

The head farmer spoke up. "Sir, I have devised a new method of farming. I think some farmers could be reassigned to more useful tasks."

Glrk'nr looked surprised, and smiled. "Excellent, your reward will be a promotion to ..." He hesitated, unsure of how to promote the head farmer. "Well, what do you want for a reward, and what's your name?"

The farmer struggled momentarily under the ruler's gaze, then gave up. "My name, sir, is Frederick." The other goblins didn't even try to suppress their chuckling, and the farmer continued meekly. "My parents had an unpleasant sense of humor. Sir, I would like a granary built and named after me."

Glrk'nr nodded. Very well. The rest of you: Build the granary, continue farm expansion, and," he checked the report in front of him, "why hasn't that deep mine been constructed yet? Get to it!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2009, 06:27:49 am »

Haceplolder.

0A. Research Metalworking
0E. Scout for more new resources with Swordsmen-Grenadiers with General
0G. ^That
1-11. Work Tiles 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17, 18 (19 F, 1 Tin, 1 Copper, 2 Wool, 2 Wood, 3 Stone, 1 Ember Rose, 4 Money)
12-14: Research Metalworking
15-16: Produce Marketplace of wood.
17: Uh... Quarry in tile 1? Can I?

Put 3 stone into Breeding Pens. I seem to have, ah, paid all the labor, so... yeah.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 04:24:34 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2009, 06:44:27 pm »

Celebartion is in the air. The first colony will soon be created, and stories of untold riches and a fresh slate spread around the masses. The reason they are celebrating differed, but the general feeling of happiness was welcomed.

Up on one of the towers of castle, John and Richard watched the proceedings, as the noise and confetti rose up from the street. John smiled "So many years of hard work, all finally coming to fruition"

"It's all nice and well, but it will be more work on our part" Richard add, taking a sip from his drink. "speaking of which, why did you have me on this 'exploration' of yours?"

"We are reaching a new age" explained John "we cannot sustain ourselves on pillaging other for very long. we must fine other who have survived the Age of Ruin and find diplomatic treaties with them."

"That doesn't really answer my question"

"IT was either send you and Jen, or just send Jen. Which on do you think would most likely get us killed?"

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:58:13 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2009, 01:41:55 pm »

We have only two turns up. I am highly displeased.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2009, 02:10:55 pm »

It became 3 a few minutes after you posted that. :<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2009, 01:27:26 pm »

Long story short, I skipped my morning work today. I'd hope that it's worth my losing an activity point.

I'll see if I get around to RP before my real job.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 03:27:24 pm by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2009, 07:50:30 pm »

And here we go:

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies