Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Age of Restoration - Turn 22!  (Read 23629 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 16
« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2009, 12:21:46 am »

Status update is up.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2009, 03:10:12 pm »

Lot's of spoilers, but most of the sections are pretty short.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Even the avatars expire eventually.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #197 on: July 06, 2009, 06:24:21 pm »

Amnarchis looked up from his work at the sound of approaching footsteps and sighed. A soldier stood in the doorway, dressed in full military gear. The Patriarch recognized the younger man as Thedrassus, a guard officer who had been attracting increasing amounts of influence within the militia, many of whom were calling on him to assume the position of commander general.

"Congratulations on your promotion, 'General.'"

"It is well that you recognize my de facto status, Patriarch. I have come to discuss the expedition that I am planning to mount."

Amnarchis rubbed his eyes wearily; he was getting too old for this. Research efforts weren't progressing as quickly as he would have liked, and for once he found himself missing Ramades and his hard-headed practicality. Unfortunately the engineer was too busy with his new and improved mining schemes. "I must tell you that I was not looking forward to this. I will not stop you, though."

"The Patriarch is wise, seeing as he technically has neither the authority nor the means to stop us."

"Do not patronize me, General. You have considerable pull within the guards, I know this, but you still need resources to supply your expedition. Which, if I guess your intent, is what you have come here for." Thedrassus inclined his head, acknowledging the mark. "Very well; I suppose the people expect it. It will take some time to make preparations, though. I trust you are not leaving immediately?"

"Of course not; you are not the only one among us with any foresight. Not only do we need food and equipment, I must raise new companies for the militia--I do not propose to leave the city defenseless, Patriarch."

"Good. I will see to it that whatever resources you require will be put at your disposal. Good day, General."

Thedrassus bowed briefly and strode out the door; the Asykos were never ones to stand on pleasantries or ceremony. Amnarchis had to admit that he almost looked forward to this new task as a change of pace, although he had noticed among the people an unseemly anticipation for the prospect of such a martial exercise. He sighed again and went back to work.

Spoiler: Crunch (click to show/hide)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2009, 04:00:49 am »

The debriefing was rather short and uninformative. It appered that the scouts had not found anything of much value, although at least they were mot attacked. It would depend on John if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Jen moved towards John's office (if you can call it that), with her 'report'. she never quire understood why John would try to make so much effort into creating order in a city that practicly worshiped chaos. She shruged. So long as she was alive and had food in her and a weapon beside her she was fine. She just worrys about John sometimes.

Jen walks into the office, and finds several stacks of leather all around. "John? What's going on" John poked his head around one of the stacks.

"We're running put of storage, they tell me" John answered. He was able to navigate the room, and meet Jen face to face. "Do you have the report?"

Jen handed the report over "Are you ok? you looked stressed"

"Ya I'm fine, I just" and with that Luke simply mumbled off, returning to his office and closing the door behind him. Jen sighed. He needs a vaction. Hell, she needs a vacation.

Spoiler: budget (click to show/hide)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2009, 01:37:52 am »

Posting now....

0A. Research Beast Riding
0E. Scout for new resources with Swordsmen-Grenadiers with General
0G. ^That
1-11. Work Tiles 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17, 18 (18 F, 1 Tin, 1 Copper, 2 Wool, 2 Wood, 3 Stone, 1 Ember Rose, 4 Money)
12-14. Research Beast Riding
15, 16. Finish irrigating Tile 3

If I have time for RP I'll get that up too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:46:51 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2009, 10:03:28 pm »

Status update will be later, as is becoming usual.

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies

Zrlv

Jericho
Fuck all happens.

Asykos

Baneriant

Edit: Oops, forgot to take 100 people out of Antemnon for the second unit of swordsmen.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:05:06 pm by Vanigo »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2009, 11:00:40 pm »

Yes. The long-awaited turn at last!

Glrk'nr listened intently to Stozuagun Halflings? Those short, weak human-like creatures? Did they spot you? The general shook his head indicating no. Good, we'll leave them alone for a few more years until we're done building watermills. They will be a good test for our blood mages.

These maps are quite useful. I'll send Xengbubukza south this year, we'll look for the lizardmen after we train some more wolf riders.

Tell Kazastrugu to work harder on improving iron production. The faster we get more iron, the faster we can destroy the lizardmen. They will be completely destroyed for what they did to us.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 18
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2009, 10:52:48 am »

Well don't I feel stupid for taking the time to write up a lengthy rp.

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2009, 09:12:56 pm »

Okay, the status update is up, as is Nirur Torir's map. Nirur, I hope you weren't expecting anything fancy.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2009, 09:48:01 pm »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2009, 02:03:06 am »

"An intervention?"

"Yes, an intervention"

Three figures stood in a circle, hidden in the shadow of an old tree. Such behaviors would seem odd and suspicous else where, but in the city of Ragt'ich, not only was that normal, there was at least four other groups under the same tree. The three mentioned earlier were nither stranger nor conspiriters, but our three favorites advisors.

"I do not believe that we have any right to intrude into John's life" said Richard. His old red coat has been mended lately, and now he look much more formal.

Jen frowned. "You've seen him. He's not himself. "

"He's been busy. Running a city is a hard thing to do, expecally one where politic are often fatal"

"Have you talked to him lately?"

"Just the regular orders. feed the people, put effort into research, keep everyone happy. same stuff...well..."

"Well what?"

"You know the silver mine we never touch? John gave an order to have some of it mined"

As the two senior officers kept talking, the engineer Tom simply listened to the others, until he finally interrupted. "Why did you guys bring me along?"

Jen smiled "No reason. Just thought it would be funny to waste your time"

After that Tom simply left Join the government they said, you become important and successful, they said. this is a waste of my education Tom though, and was soon gone

Spoiler: budget (click to show/hide)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2009, 11:25:00 pm »

Preparations for the unprecedented expedition proceed apace. Non-perishable food is stockpiled and valuable trading goods are gathered to deal with peaceful outsiders. Troops are gathered and trained with newly forged weapons to deal with less peaceful outsiders. Thedrassus opts to equip his fledgling infantry command with lightweight leather armor for mobility rather than waiting on the workshops to produce heavier metal armor.

Finally, at last all stands in readiness. It is a day of solemn occasion; most of the city is keenly interested in the band of troops about to venture into the unknown, although there is little in the way of displays of excitement or celebration. The sight of the supply train gathering provisions by the market square is the closest thing to a ceremony the expedition receives, but manages to attract a fair amount of quiet attention nonetheless. Thedrassus makes the most of the opportunity by forming up into rank and column for a final march out through the city gates, displaying an uncommon amount of showmanship with this impromptu almost-parade.

Amnarchis watches the procession from the stairs of the hilltop New Library with some regret before returning to work; the sight of all the manpower and resources that went into the expedition simply march out of the city gates is not a particularly pleasant one for the Patriarch, especially with research progress at a stall. The mills now dotting the city's surrounding were doing an excellent job keeping the city fed and warehouses well-stocked, but with the population still slowly growing it was unclear how much longer their output would be able to keep up, especially as ongoing construction projects continue to tie up manpower in spite of the efforts of the magical workshop.

With Ramades unavailable to lend his practical engineering expertise, the Patriarch found himself relying more and more on his former pupil Mesthones and his work on animation. If mundane machinery failed to provide any further progress, perhaps a more magical approach could supply a way.

Spoiler: Crunch (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:26:51 pm by RPB »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2009, 08:47:20 am »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2009, 05:41:45 pm »

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies

Zrlv

Jericho

Asykos

Baneriant

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 19
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2009, 05:47:21 pm »

Thank you for the update!!
Yay!

Status update at some point in the future?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16