Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: War movies.  (Read 4785 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: War movies.
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 01:28:56 pm »

Lord of the Rings...

...The Return of The King.

Its pretty much the only movie that focused on the war most of all. The first one was basicly just the journey, the second one a mixture, but still mostly journey, and the last one having SEVERAL battles with a bit of journey mixed in.

That might have been different in the books, but I haven't even finished The Hobbit yet.

The battle of Helm's Deep was absolutely epic in part 2.  ;)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 03:45:01 pm »

This is a little off topic, but with all the LOTR references, I feel okay about it.

Do yourselves a favor. The next time you read through the trilogy, imagine it as a story written by a Game-Master, discussing the events that happened to the players in his game. Prepare for lulz.

(Seriously. None of those guys have a Will score worth a damn.)

[/threadjack]

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 07:57:34 pm »

This is a little off topic, but with all the LOTR references, I feel okay about it.

Do yourselves a favor. The next time you read through the trilogy, imagine it as a story written by a Game-Master, discussing the events that happened to the players in his game. Prepare for lulz.

[/threadjack]

heh, Moria was a Dm hosejob.  I mean a Balrog?!  All they had fought to that point were wolves.

back on topic:  Wizards.........................best use of anime over natsi footage.................ever.
PS:  The stinkin fairies kill Fritz.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:59:34 pm by Gorjo MacGrymm »
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 08:07:24 pm »

[/threadjack]

heh, Moria was a Dm hosejob.  I mean a Balrog?!  All they had fought to that point were wolves.
[threadjack]

Gandalf was a DMPC (Dungeon Master Player Character, to the un-initiated), and had to die in an epic fashion so it would be even cooler when he came back. The other players were in no danger from it. The DM tries to make up for this when Boromir's player attempted to team-kill Frodo and steal the ring, and dropped a shit-load of Uruk-Hai on him.

Hell, Aragorn's player, after killing the left-over Uruks, loots Boromir's friggen corpse!

And those are just the tip of the iceberg.  ;D
[/threadjack...again]

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 08:09:48 pm »

It's like you guys have never heard of DM of the Rings.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 08:21:12 pm »

... Damn you.

I had them going.
They thought I was being original.

You have stolen this from me, and I can never have it back.  >:(

... Just kidding!  ;D Where do you think I got the idea from in the first place?

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 08:59:02 pm »

well, actually, i handn't before..........................thanks for killing D&D for me

:P

heh
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]