Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Objects in Fortifications  (Read 875 times)

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Objects in Fortifications
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:18:26 am »

I had a rather amusing thing happen.

In the most recent Fortress, I have a setup where I have bridges just in front of fortifications right in front of my fortress. I have some elite marksdwarfs behind them and taking pot shots at goblins coming.

Now, they just shot dead a few goblins on the bridges, and when I activated the bridges to dump the bodies into the moat(and around the place. Wee! Flying Gobbo Corpses!).

Anyway, a sock from one of the goblins was thrown /into/ one of my fortifications. My dwarves refuse to pull it out or do anything with it, so now I have a sock sitting in a fortification.

I wonder this: Will the sock hamper the shooting of my dwarves through that particular fortification?

Liwjatan

• Bay Watcher
  • I swallow your soul!
    • View Profile
Re: Objects in Fortifications
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:34:21 pm »

Perhaps the smell will nauseate your marksdwarfes and force them to retreat..

...resulting in an less defended fortress,hence incrasing the chances of gobbos to succesfully lay sieges onto your fortress!
Of course!Biological warfare!

They cripple your defensives with Kamikazelike attacks lead by soldiers who are known for their sickening odor - being a gobbo,thatīs saying alot - bravely sacreficing their lives so one day their bretheren may emerge vicotious!Mygod,you ahve to act before it is too late!Seal in your fortress and hope that it is not too late to bypass this newborn gasaeous threat!Perhaps the elder gods will have mercy upon your poor dwarfes and cavein your entire fortress so they may not have to suffer under these circumstances..

Dreaded Invaders and their malicious sieging tacticks.Whatīs next,will they charge an assault against the very core of the world via loitering every last hectare with their useless junk,dropped by fallen soldiers?Wait a second..

[No,to my knowledge objects inside a fortification will not hinder your Marksdwarfs,however itīs constant blinking may be annyoing,in which case I suggest you to rebuild the fortification since there is no other way to remove the item in question]

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:50:59 pm »

[No,to my knowledge objects inside a fortification will not hinder your Marksdwarfs,however itīs constant blinking may be annyoing,in which case I suggest you to rebuild the fortification since there is no other way to remove the item in question]
NO! THERE IS ALWAYS MAGMA! MAAAAAAAGMAAAAAAAA!!!!
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:53:22 pm »

You can probably wash it out with water. I'm serious. Of course, magma is always an answer, too.

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 01:57:16 pm »

Magma. Water. Good suggestions!

As for the blinking, I'll just (H)ide the thing.

Evil goblins and their biological warfare.

Llamiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 01:58:16 pm »

Just hide it. d>b>h

Edit: grr, Negadwarf beat me to it.
It's a shame that wagons explode at the sight of dreaded sea foam.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 02:16:50 pm »

During one fight in front of my current fortress, a goblin got dismembered so violently his leg landed up on top of the battlements.
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 02:21:56 pm »

Sir, sir, a severd goblin lower body seems to have landed in my +kitten tallow+ soup.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 03:19:17 pm »

Im pretty sure I once got rid of some boulder in my fortification by dumping it.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

dornbeast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 04:04:47 pm »

In and of themselves, they won't.

The rotting goblin chunk in my fortifications was not very good for my marksdwarves, but that was a different problem.
Quote from: Dornbeast
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 04:12:13 pm »

This just happened to me, but it was a bin stuffed with cloth from an elven delegation. I ended up having to mine out the fortification and construct a new one. But I wanted to dye the cloth and sell it back to the next elves before murdering them.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 07:28:18 pm »

Sir, sir, a severd goblin lower body seems to have landed in my +kitten tallow+ soup.

A craftsdwarf dining at Crewe
Found a rather large gob in his stew.
Cried the wait, "Don't shout
Or wave it about,
Or the rest will be wanting one too."

Poem from Roald Dahl's Matilda
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.