Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HFS>Spoilers.  (Read 601 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
HFS>Spoilers.
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:54:27 am »

Ok, an old pease of info that may have become outdated. When you breach the glowing pits? Is there a countdown for invitable doom like there was in the old version?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: HFS>Spoilers.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:58:18 am »

No, lol.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:58:22 am »

No, there is just a rush of pre-allotted doom into your fortress immediately and one time only.

Shadowex3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31:46 pm »

What Time Kitten said. The recession has effected hell's economy as well, layoffs have resulted in only so many demons being available to do very impolite things to your dorfs' orifices.
Quote from: Hectonkhyres
I'm imagining crazed dwarves doing profoundly weird things. Urist McNutcase has developed a compulsion to jam anything colored blue up his anus, or alternately other peoples anuses
Quote from: Durt101
Erith Zasitshovith, Cat(Tame) cancels store item in stockpile: Too injured.
"Yay! Mouse! OH GOD, WHERE ARE MY HANDS?! OH GOD OH GOD WHAT THE HE- Oh. I'm a cat. Right."

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 07:34:30 am »

What Time Kitten said. The recession has effected hell's economy as well, layoffs have resulted in only so many demons being available to do very impolite things to your dorfs' orifices.

They predicted the recession too. They fired demons in advance!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:00:06 pm »

I never breached in the 2D DF version.  Did they just come pouring out in an unending fashion or did the game just stop and tell you what happened?
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world.  Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." - Gandalf in The Hobbit