Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Dreams!!!  (Read 4753 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dreams!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 01:29:10 am »

Watch Evil Dead once and zombie dreams are the most fun you'll ever have...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 01:42:04 am »

I've had DF dreams. I don't remember anything about them. Usually I'll just be looking at a screen with a bunch of ASCII and crap is happening that I don't remember. I can't remember if I talked to a bunch of capital Us or not.

Does anybody else have the nightmare that your teeth are falling out?

I only have that nightmare where you're at school and you suddenly realize you're naked. Or that nightmare where you have a drama performance in twenty minutes and you didn't memorize any lines. Terrifying, let me tell you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 01:54:57 am »

I mention it because my mother and I both have that same recurring dream about the teeth.
For they would be your masters.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2009, 09:04:21 am »

I once dreamed that my hair turned into wood and my teeth all got cavities. Was rather odd because my dentist was a stork.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2009, 06:02:33 pm »

Do dwarfs dream (of kinetic sheep)?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2009, 06:05:34 pm »

I have braces on my teeth, so I probably dream about losing my teeth.  But I never remember my dreams, so I don't know.

In a few months, though, they take them off!  Hooray!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jakkarra

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2009, 06:07:10 pm »

Do dwarfs dream (of kinetic sheep)?

its "electric sheep"

but you were probably being clever there, i dont want to specify how, incase im wrong and whatnot.

Love, jakkarra

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2009, 06:13:01 pm »

In it's original incarnation, you're right, it is "electric".

It's a pretty good book, by the way, if rather puzzling and a little downbeat.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 12:25:06 pm »

Periodically I have nightmares about being in fallout-esque vaults full of xenophobic people.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 12:50:16 pm »

Pfft. The vaults are pathetic. They should have hired dwarves to do it.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jakkarra

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2009, 12:56:10 pm »

there was the one vault with the guy and the puppets, that sounds pretty Dwarven.

as does the Death-sim vault.

yeaaaaaaaaaah, that was cool

love, jakkarra

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2009, 07:48:54 pm »

Well, it happened.  Just had a DF-related dream last night.

Me and some people from school were at some place, I guess it was the mall, and seven dwarves came running through.  At that point, the dream focuses on them, and I start seeing them all from bird's-eye view.  One of them drowns in a pond or river.  There may have been carp.

At some point in that, my cats started getting along, and a guy I know that dropped out was suddenly back in school.

One of the dwarves may have been eaten by my cat.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2009, 08:30:57 pm »

I haven't dreamed in ASCII, but I have dreamt a dream where DF was involved. There was a flying whale who protected mankind from the Sun's radiation, and he had dwarves living inside him.

The dream was about protecting myself from the magmafall when the whale had to dump the radiation onto the moon. (Yes, it was a solid.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2009, 10:43:53 pm »

That is an awesome dream, Barbarossa. Now I know where some of the really creepy/odd post-apocalyptic science fiction comes from.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 09:32:02 am »

i used to dream vividly, and remember a great deal. but not for a long time, i really dont remember when that stopped. weird. in high school, especially if i was studying hard for something, i can remember dreaming about coding projects or maths questions and formulae. those dreams were nearlly allways unpleasant, i particularly hated dreaming about maths so very much.

ive had plenty of odd dreams mixing in things from dwarf fort, but as i play with tilesets and as nearly all the thinking i do of things in DF is in the form of an imagined up reality that does not look like game graphics, i dont get the ascii thing.

.... except once. it was a totally normal dream where i went to uni then hung out with friends then came home and did some chores, only there was a giant green letter U following me around everywhere saying "excuse me, hello yes, you there, excuse me!". it was amazingly irritating and yet in the dream i continued to totally ignore it and get on with things.

in retrospect it was just like those stupid human trade liasons who refuse to leave your mayor alone, and the letter most likely came from Duke 2.0's old avatar of a big green U. i used to think that avatar was funny.

EDIT: barbarossa, your dream is amazing. can i have some of what you are smoking?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:26:34 pm by Cheshire Cat »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4