Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Infiniminer  (Read 49807 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infiniminer
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2009, 08:39:34 am »

try a direct connect to 127.0.0.1

Morlark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Morlark's Blog
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2009, 10:05:11 am »

I'll host a server or some such on the server browser. I'll try at least, stay tuned for updates!

Server Is UP!

Edit: All i had to do was join my lan and it worked. Can people join please?  I want to see if this works. And by god does this map have some epic lava flows!

Which server is yours? None of the ones I can see in the server browser have your name on them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:31:22 am by Morlark »

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2009, 10:10:14 am »

why the eff a rolleye smiley?

When he's hosting on his own machine, and the serverbrowser doesnt recognize it, it should work...

Also it's probably easier to type than the actual ip adress...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:14:12 am by Puck »

Morlark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Morlark's Blog
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2009, 10:31:07 am »

Sorry, I misunderstood. When I read it, he'd already managed to connect to his own server, and naturally that IP wouldn't help the rest of us connect to it.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2009, 10:45:31 am »

Ah yeah, now I see why that looked majorly stoopid  ;D

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2009, 10:59:03 am »

I've saved Solifuge and Tene-something's map. I'll put it up somewhere when I get a chance.
I'm also configuring my server for 1.5 and will have some info available.
Whee for no more 12-part internet communication VPN relays!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2009, 08:51:06 pm »

Alright, I am in the final testing phases of having a working Capture the Flag style game in Infiniminer.

Tentative Title: Fort Knox

Basically, it involves teams building bases to protect their gold vault from the opposing team, who will attempt to raid it and bring the gold back to their base. The level is set up to allow you to build devious traps to thwart the opposing team as well.

If folks are interested, I'll host a game soon.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2009, 12:10:36 am »

edit: Ok tried to save it, to bad i forgot to run it in admin mode, tried to save, but it crashed :( srry man, ill host a new one, in admin mode so next time it can be saved(A)

Running Vista? You don't need to place the game in your Program Files folder (it's a special folder protected by the OS, hence require admin rights to write into).

Create a "C:\Games\" or similar for your games. It would save you a lot of headache for older games or ones that do not handle elevation properly.

verm_pat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2009, 05:06:05 am »

Running Vista? You don't need to place the game in your Program Files folder (it's a special folder protected by the OS, hence require admin rights to write into).

Create a "C:\Games\" or similar for your games. It would save you a lot of headache for older games or ones that do not handle elevation properly.

yeah iknow:P but now it'll automaticly run in admin mode, so no more probs anyway:P thanks for the advise btw:)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2009, 07:57:53 am »

You can't take from hostile banks, it might work in a kind of bombing run type of map with a bank for each team in the middle and another bank for each team in the base of their enemies.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2009, 08:00:44 am »

You could make a custom map (I think someone posted a map editor on the game's website), and fill some kind of vault with gold tiles. And then you could make it a point to NOT steal from your own vault.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2009, 12:14:46 pm »

Currently hosting a map with LAVA! On the surface. It actually falls into a cave and so didn't flood the world, but if you want to do so... Also, the public servers are kinda screwy, use one of the hamachi networks (B12 miner or overflow).
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2009, 03:52:22 pm »

For those curious, here is how I created a CTF-style map in Infiniminer:

Each Team has a Vault containing gold, which you must guard from the opposing team. The entryway is blocked by Banks owned by the opposing team, which cannot be Sapped, and thus must be deconstructed by an Engineer from the opposite team. There are also Force Fields within, as a "soft" barrier, to remind players not to rob their own Vault once opponents have breached it.

In order to score points, you must reach your team's Surface Base. Teams will need to make 8 successful of the opponent's Vault in order to win. This will be less, of course, if a few teammates work together, or if the Player is a Miner (who have 2x loot capacity).

Though there are natural barriers in the map, teams are encouraged to construct Defenses to protect their Vault, and there are tons of lava pits natural features present to aid in base defense. The field of play is divided into two halves, for each team. Sides consist of a series of floors, with bases on the highest floor, and access between to the other Team's side on the lowest floor. Also, each floor has a predominant natural feature that players can utilize in their defenses.

Anyway, I'll be running it on Wippen later tonight.

If you're interested in joining, make sure to DL Wippen and set up a Jabber.org account, so you can add Solifuge@jabber.org to your Virtual IP list. Details are a few pages back in this thread.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2009, 09:12:31 am »

first DF related Fan programming that has nothing to do with memory editing, or ridiculous potrait generators... looks very impressive.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2009, 03:39:30 pm »

Hey, Dwarfatrist is awesome. Don't knock it.

Now, who wants to make Infinislaves to InfiniArmok?
First of all, we'll need several different ores, smelters, stone, and a way to have direct melee attacks.

I'm thinking Red = Dwarves, Blue = Elves/Goblins/Carp.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18