Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 142682 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #825 on: October 14, 2009, 10:17:35 pm »

On the cultists: 

Still worried that the game will become too warped with them around.  Cults hog attention worse than the mafia does.  As such, the town can easily forget the dopps just to go cult hunting. 

So I'm VERY worried about a fully recruiting cult. 

Vampire:

VERY random version of a cult, ranging from 1-night losing to slaughtering everyone (if several vamps are made). 

Alternative:  The vampire MUST feed off a player every night.  To do so, they have two options:

1. Feed: This option kills the victim.  Works on all players.
2. Prepare:  Prepared the victim for conversion by partial feeding. No effect is shown.

If you Feed, you must do it every night to sustain yourself.  It is a physical action.  If blocked by a bodyguard, you feed off the bodyguard.  If you are actually stopped (roleblock, guardian, ext.) you die.

If you Prepare a victim one night, you MUST return to them the next night.  Then, you finish feeding from them, if they are human, you then perform a ritual turning them into a vampire.  The new vampire retains their old powers but has the same feeding requirements and new win condition you do. 

Note that if they are not human (cult, dopp, alien) they die.  If they are not alive for the second night or you are somehow stopped from reaching them, you die.

To win, at least one vampire must exist by the end of the game.  This goes for the original and newly made vampires (who lose their old win requirements).  This does not get in the way of other requirements (including the watcher)

Result: a Survivor that is a hybrid SK/recuiter.  To live they MUST kill or attempt a recruit.  Recruiting helps ensure victory but is risky since you cannot switch targets for two nights.

Leaning: Slightly anti-town due to the Survive feature and the wish to kill those that probably will not be affected by the guardian.  Can be played pro-town if they rely on conversion (since it will kill dopps/cults but not humans).

Warewolf:

One change: Use the alternative version and make the ability uncontrollable even after the first time.  Thus it turns into something like a Crazy doc role (sometimes kills, sometimes uses power). 

Robot:

That's just a Bulletproof Survivor.  There's not much really to it that the Alien Survivor doesn't have.

I'll add one, pulled from Religion Mafia

Virus maker.

Each night, you will infect a player with a virus.  The virus leaves the person sick for one night (roleblocked) in a way similar to the appearance of other roleblockers (the 'block message' matches other roleblock messages).  After that, the virus survives for one day then is killed by the player's antibodies. 

At the end of the following day, whoever the infected player votes for becomes infected with the same effects.  If the person voted on is lynched or dies in another fashion, the virus dies in the new host.  If the old host is lynched but voted on another, the virus is transferred before the lynch.

For the virus maker to win, over half the town must be infected by an active virus when the game ends.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 14, 2009, 10:38:43 pm »

Hmm.

Maybe I should convert the design of Ridiculous Mafia 2 into WIZARDRY MAFIA. I have a lot of magic-y roles (Faultmage, Deathkillmaimharmalock, etc.)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 14, 2009, 11:19:05 pm »

As I would say: you can't go wrong with adding more Crazy.

So instead of changing the name.. just make the roles even more rediculous.  #&(*%$, Just Bastardize it.  We don't have enough Bastard games running around.

Death Miller FTW!
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 14, 2009, 11:44:50 pm »

Mafia Strongman wasn't bastard enough?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 14, 2009, 11:52:08 pm »

Robot
The robot is immune to most night kills.  Most players will kill the original shell of the robot and it will shift to another body.
The only way to kill a robot is to lynch it (the town will find the copies and make sure to shut it down).
The robot's goal is to be the last player standing, and watch all those meatbags die horrible, horrible deaths.

Fixed. Being an Bulletproof Serial Killer without the ability to night-kill would seem to be okay. Since double-lynching is out, I don't know how the Robot can win though.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 15, 2009, 12:19:23 am »

All previous ideas are not approved by Webadict. They will only serve to ruin the game.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 15, 2009, 12:20:15 am »

Do you have a stamp for that?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 15, 2009, 12:26:34 am »

Do you have a stamp for that?
It's kinda like the Chairman Bob thing, except like this:

Webadict Does Not Approve.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 15, 2009, 02:03:13 am »

Mafia Strongman wasn't bastard enough?

I'll remember to check it out.

I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 15, 2009, 04:18:19 am »

Strongman was able to activate a Drug-Fueled Rampage.

You may know that now as the PLASMA BOMB.

But as one of four mafia members, he was used against Inaluct to wipe out like... between 4 and 6 town PRs. It was vicious.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 15, 2009, 04:37:08 am »

Quote from: Pandarsenic
inaluct, Flintus10, LASD, and chaoticjosh lie dead in the street.
the 'Spartacus' ;D, the Serial Killer, a Fr33mason, and Bruno the Strongman himself.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 15, 2009, 04:41:28 am »

Right, right. The doctor was protected by Spartacus' invention.

That serial killer would become a townie in time, if he got his condition fulfilled, also.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 15, 2009, 02:02:31 pm »

No no no, the robot isn't bullet-proof.

His goal is that all aliens are eliminated.  I'm not sure how he is to accomplish this goal, but he's not night-kill proof and he's not trying to survive.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 16, 2009, 09:33:57 pm »

Was considering what happens if someone were allowed to double-pick an item on alien tech- Shield (3 lives!) and assassin bots are the obvious o'erpowered ones.

How about the other ones? (You typoed "war bet" in Stun orb btw)

edit: There IS one role I can think of for Robot.
GORT.
Can revive Klaatuthe Exterminator once.
Klaatu barada nikto!
...might be tricky to balance.Then again, being roleflipped means you'll just die again, so might not be worth much. :-/

edit 2: I didn't spy this earlier in here, but I think it's worth thinking on.
The swapped-role townies (goth, kook) seem fine, though, and might be turned into attributes like mind shield rather than roles in and of themselves (so you could have a kook telepath, or a goth war veteran). They might even be able to show up in games without their corresponding scum group, as well.

...Did Ianyone suggest a UFO Enthusiast yet? (Alien Miller)

Suggestion above (ability rather than full role) could go for them too.

edit 3: Boy I'm editing a lot.
Interesting nontrivial points: Enthusiast creates a fully valid fakeclaim for Survivor.

If [x-miller]'s as an ability, then it'll create workable fakeclaims for ...everyone, really. Possibly bad, and if dopp leader goes ability, then it really IS full fakeclaimable then.

sidenote: The (normally)unfilled race/motive cells are scum/survive, the clear refuge of millers, as these are the only 1-role cells. The next is alien/protect, which I'm less certain of.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:59:46 am by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 17, 2009, 08:35:52 am »

Fakeclaims are actually a good thing.  Many, hosts go so far as to give the mafia a second 'town PM' that they can claim when asked. 

Claims should be a help in finding scum, but it shouldn't be lynchable all by itself.  As proven in Para games, being able to fully confirm a scum or town without question hurts the game overall.  Some goes so far as to even say that a cop, without any limiting factors (Godfathers, millers, sanity, ext.) is an overpowered role.

So yah.. fakable claims for everyone FTW.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 117