Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 142526 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2009, 05:03:35 pm »

I would be ok with really simple conditional voting, but it's the players that have to be careful with conditional voting. It's the guys' who did the conditional votings fault that ToonyMan got lynched when he shouldn't of. You have to be careful, so I don't think I'll conditional vote even if it is allowed, tbh.
That particular case was a lynch because they felt he was breaking the rules, as far as I could tell.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #481 on: July 31, 2009, 05:06:36 pm »

He got lynched because there were 3 players ensuring the double lynch with conditional votes...

Anyway... Conditional votes are a messy factor that will only let people hide between that kind of stuff.  We won't know who is gonna be hammered.  Specially if said conditions are not posted in votecounts.  If they are, will spend more time calculating what will happen instead of scumhunting.

I hope it's clear.  It's a big NO for me.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 31, 2009, 05:36:19 pm »

Conditional voting means that people can still vote and ensure that their vote gets counted, even if they are unable to access the thread and update their vote. Victory in Mafia should be based on strategy, not based on who is online and is able to post just a few hours before deadline changing their votes. Conditional voting must be kept.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 31, 2009, 05:39:23 pm »

I don't really care about double lynches, but keep conditional voting!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 31, 2009, 06:21:16 pm »

I don't really use conditional voting, but I think it should be included because there are people like me who can't be around for the whole Day, which means that if we vote for someone to, say, get them talking, we won't necessarily be able to unvote before the day ends.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 31, 2009, 07:24:01 pm »

If you can't be here for the whole day then don't vote for someone just to get them talking. 

Also, if you happen to pop in once every one or two days and add nothing but a short post... your conditional vote means nothing to the game...
Conditional voting means that people can still vote and ensure that their vote gets counted, even if they are unable to access the thread and update their vote. Victory in Mafia should be based on strategy, not based on who is online and is able to post just a few hours before deadline changing their votes. Conditional voting must be kept.
Strategy comes when you vote the right person not when you vote preemptively based on a series of conditions... Scum could easyly manipulate those conditions to avoid getting lynched...  ::)
What are you going to do?  Vote player unless he claims a pr? Wich ones? 

come on... this set of instructions is not mafia... if you can't play regularly then log once in a while and play some IRC mafia games... Or a game with a longer turn span... mafiascum games have normally 3 week days (MAX) and 72 hs nights...

I was going to run a game like that here but people prefer fast paced, full of PR games...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 31, 2009, 10:27:17 pm »

Nothing wrong with longer Days, but by the third day, you start running out of topics to talk about. And power roles aren't anything special to me.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 31, 2009, 11:28:35 pm »

The problem i still see is that in free pm games... once  you clear a townie... if that townie is sufficiently smart you've got the cleared townie with MC info that he can use to find scum...

wich is when everybody stops scumhunting and the game gets ruined...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 01, 2009, 12:40:43 am »

The problem i still see is that in free pm games... once  you clear a townie... if that townie is sufficiently smart you've got the cleared townie with MC info that he can use to find scum...

wich is when everybody stops scumhunting and the game gets ruined...

I can understand the sentiment Alex, but isn't that mostly alleviated now?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 01, 2009, 11:39:29 pm »

mmm... not really... what's helping scum a lot in this games is the heavy amount of lurking... But I fear for a scumteam that faces and active and logical town group.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2009, 03:06:02 am »

Aye. If everyone participated as much as they should, scum couldn't hide so easily.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2009, 09:53:42 am »

EDIT;  Removed content
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 03:43:38 pm by ToonyMan »

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 03, 2009, 01:55:38 am »

The matter of PMs always felt "odd" to me.  It always seemed like half the game was hidden from the main thread.  It also seemed very powerful for the town to pm each other freely.  It's like everyone has the mason powerrole if I'm getting my terms correct.  The Ghost role showed that all you need is ONE person who can prove themselves to be town to tear a game apart. 

Perhaps PMs can be put in as part of the power roles.  Roles that get to PM other people.  Mafia Roles that get to eavesdrop conversations (since the host gets to hear all PMs, it's possible for the host to send teh PMs to others).  Town roles that can send an 'unnamed mass message' PM to all players (role sends message to host, host relays to all players). 

As for doublelynch and conditionals, doublelynching seemed more interesting than game breaker and actually a nicer scum tool than anything.  Conditionals.. perhaps simple ones, like the "always hammer" or "Vote until roleclaim".  It makes the host's job easier that way since they don't have to go through the archives to make sure all of the conditions are met. 

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 03, 2009, 02:12:13 am »

Oh, Always Hammer is a good condition I forgot to mention.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2009, 05:09:47 am »

Yeah, dakarian, but it would seem that it's currently impossible to have someone who's a confirmed towny.  I suppose you could set somethingj up with the medium, but the medium wouldn't be confirmed towny either.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 117