Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 142520 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #435 on: July 29, 2009, 11:52:39 am »

Your points are about right, I think. Although instead of dying when the Exterminator dies the Controlled Dopp will simply retain the win condition of everyone else dying. So he doesn't win with the dopps (although, oddly, I guess the dopps win if he does). The Operative is the same way, if the Exterminator dies he's left to carry on the mission.

Should the Operative get any unused Tech that the Exterminator had? Providing it wasn't blown up with the Exterminator, at least?

Also, I was considering having the Agent Seeker give the Agent any unused tech of his once he makes contact (assuming he hadn't used his yet). That'll make up for the fact that he leaves as soon as he finds the Agent.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 29, 2009, 12:03:34 pm »

My main idea would be to apply conditional votes in the reverse order that they are received.  In the case going on in the game of one person saying "tie the vote" and another (later) saying "untie the vote":
- All non-conditional votes are counted.
- "Untie the vote" applies.  If the votes are tied, untie them; otherwise, don't apply it.
- "Tie the vote" applies.  The votes are currently untied, so tie them.

Reverse the order to keep the first poster from re-posting his initial vote to change the order. (It could still happen, but would be less likely.)

(Overall, I think people should just pay attention to the game and avoid situations where it is necessary.)

Thoughts?

I like this solution.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 29, 2009, 01:02:49 pm »

I like the handing over of tech idea.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 29, 2009, 01:44:08 pm »

I think the aliens should be able to freely give their tech to whomever they wish. I dunno if humans should be able to hand around tech, though.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 29, 2009, 07:38:51 pm »

Conditional voting is tied to the issue of double lynches. While I want both double lynches and conditional voting, the best way to lessen the use of conditional voting is to remove the reason it is being used: Get rid of double lynches. Conditional voting will still be used to avoid a tie situation, and to give someone's vote to someone else (see Pandarsenic giving up his vote to webadict in a previous game).
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #440 on: July 29, 2009, 08:29:11 pm »

conditional voting is just ridicolous and it's hard to follow...

You would have to post each person's condition in the votecounts.  Otherwise... It's totally misleading.

Double lynches are ridiculous too... IMO.  If there's a tie.  Either there's nolynch or whoever reached the final waggon first will get lynched.

also, You're totally ignoring the concept of a hammer.  When half the players + 1 have voted you should lynch and end the day...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 29, 2009, 09:21:15 pm »

also, You're totally ignoring the concept of a hammer.  When half the players + 1 have voted you should lynch and end the day...

Ya know Alex, forum mafias don't have to resemble IRC mafia. I like the fact that things can swing one way, and then the tables can turn over the course of the day.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #442 on: July 29, 2009, 09:38:11 pm »

dude.... hammering is one of the best moments in mafia... It didnt come from IRC...  read an MS game and you'll see... It's THE moment...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 29, 2009, 10:08:42 pm »

A MafiaScum game? There's like a thousand of them, and they're all 1000+ posts long! Not to mention these are the most anal retentive people I've ever seen in my entire life! It's ridiculous!

I'm just saying, that arguments and accusations flow a bit more freely when you know the entire day won't spontaneously end if someone manages to gain the upper hand in the conversation.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 29, 2009, 10:11:26 pm »

I went on the MafiaScum boards for a little bit, I didn't want to go back.   :-X

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 30, 2009, 05:25:30 am »

Yeah, I agree.  A double lynch is supposed to be a way to settle it if two sides are really unprepared to meet a consensus, not something that people should actively aim for.  I'd agree with some way to break a tie (first person to have their votes completed sounds good).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2009, 04:38:36 pm »

Yeah, I agree.  A double lynch is supposed to be a way to settle it if two sides are really unprepared to meet a consensus, not something that people should actively aim for.  I'd agree with some way to break a tie (first person to have their votes completed sounds good).
I'm also actively against double lynches. It's just a game-ruiner. Otherwise, I'd tell everyone to lynch themselves first day.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2009, 04:42:07 pm »

I'm also actively against double lynches. It's just a game-ruiner. Otherwise, I'd tell everyone to lynch themselves first day.

Now that... That would be an interesting game.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 30, 2009, 05:01:01 pm »

Now that... That would be an interesting game.
Only solution that counts. Plus, then the Exterminator wins and everyone else ties?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 30, 2009, 05:06:08 pm »

Yeah, operative/ exterminator would win.  Unless, of course, someone decided to, at the last minute, vote for someone else.

And there are alternatives to double lynching, like having a revote with only those two as options.  Heck, even flipping a coin would, in some ways, be preferable to people actively aiming for double lynches.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 117