Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 260312 times)

kembial

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #915 on: January 12, 2010, 03:21:25 am »

Wow. I always read all these "Just Read This Whole Thread. Awesome + Etc." posts and think, yeah, so did I, because I just read yours. And beyond...

It's not until you've read so much, and then hit the unfinished wall that you really get the FAN itch. So close to done (at least in reading time) and yet you'd hope the updates will come in far into the future.

So, GO fan support.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 12, 2010, 04:21:24 am »

This makes me wonder if Toady put in an easter egg for if a dwarf gets all skills to legendary.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 12, 2010, 04:30:01 am »

Flshing in all the colors of the rainbowCGA palette?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 12, 2010, 05:33:54 am »

Flshing in all the colors of the rainbowCGA palette?
Rainbowdorf.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 12, 2010, 06:13:29 am »

I suspect that if you turned off alerts and just let Morul spar in wrestling (fastest experience gain combat skill) for long enough you would reach the upper bound for experience eventually.

Although, depending on how it is stored (maybe somebody working on DFHack or Dwarf Companion knows) that could take a very, very long time.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 12, 2010, 11:34:26 am »

Fighting is definitely the fastest way to earn experience *if* you can get enemies often enough. Dwarves earn 3x experience (shield, armor, weapon/wrestling) and they simultaneously appear to earn experience during defensive moves (shield, armor, weapon/wrestling).

If you can dial in the constant attack that Toady has promised in the new version, with a decent way to give your military a rest, you could just level up someone like Morul, park him in the underground or wherever, and come back in 3 months. You could probably blast through these stats in no time.

I doubt you could hit the max, though. We've already blasted through 16 bit integer and would be looking at something in the 32 bit range. You'd be hard pressed to keep your guy alive long enough to reach it. As it is, Morul has been in the fort 63 years. I'm not sure how much more time the guy has.

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 12, 2010, 11:48:58 am »

I think this makes Morul the first 2M+ exp dwarf, and the first 30+ stat dwarf. Another 5 levels of wrestler, 7 shield user, 3 armor user.

I thought Cpt. Ironbloods fellows were WAY above that? Even I have 2 dorfs in my current fortress with 4M+ XP and 40+ or 35+ stats.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 12, 2010, 11:51:53 am »

If he dies of old age, I don't think it would be remiss to ressurect him with Companion. It doesn't actually reset his time-to-die entirely, but does give him some more time, I think a year, and you can repeat it as many times as you like to extend his life. He'll drop any equipment he's carrying, including artifacts, but that's a small price to pay for not losing Morul.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 12, 2010, 11:57:29 am »

I think this makes Morul the first 2M+ exp dwarf, and the first 30+ stat dwarf. Another 5 levels of wrestler, 7 shield user, 3 armor user.

I thought Cpt. Ironbloods fellows were WAY above that? Even I have 2 dorfs in my current fortress with 4M+ XP and 40+ or 35+ stats.

Not to be a fanboy, but screenshot or it didn't happen. Considering that Morul is now the most talented dwarf ever, and an absurdly skilled soldier, I find it hard to believe any dwarf could have more experience short of perhaps someone from Flarechannel (which has the advantage mostly because of age).
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 12, 2010, 12:08:23 pm »

Ironblood was just under 1M exp when Morul was 1.6M:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19279.msg734753#msg734753

The other guards there were higher, but still under Morul. Morul has a significant time advantage over Ironblood. 63 years in fortress vs. about 40. That alone has a large bearing on the xp. And I agree, anyone from Flarechannel could have Morul beat, particularly a child born in fortress who dies of old age in fortress, earning xp their entire life.

A better move for this challenge would have been to start with the first born child of the fortress, but that would have added its own problems as well.

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 12, 2010, 12:09:47 pm »

... screenshot or it didn't happen...
Trained them for about 20 years in my no-immigration-fort. Its really not that hard.. ^^
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 12, 2010, 12:17:28 pm »

I stand corrected. I'm still curious how that can be done in 20 years. It's taken Morul 30 years and almost 2000 orcs to get to a fraction of that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 12, 2010, 12:19:10 pm »

Ow. My eyes hurt. And my brain does too.

Did you use Dwarf Companion to make them that good, or did you just use it to show it?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 12, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »

To be honest invasion was turned off. They were sparring constantly since reaching adulthood. I was surprised myself when I looked up their skills a few days ago.
I didn't cheat with DC :D You can raise their skills up to just 100 with it I think. Never used it before.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 12, 2010, 12:25:49 pm »

I was wondering if they had speed=0 or some other thing. I don't know how fast sparring is above legendary. I should check out some of the other dwarves. They seemed to spar up pretty quickly, now that I think about it.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 71