Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 260327 times)

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #585 on: July 01, 2009, 06:19:47 pm »

dude, why not just go back to an older save for this tantrum spiral?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 01, 2009, 06:29:26 pm »

I think Martin may be having Fun.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 01, 2009, 06:34:57 pm »

Well, I could, and I could stuff everyone in their rooms, lock the doors and then just lose people to insanity, but the only thing really left to do is for Morul to keep skilling up, get the moat dug (which immigrants can easily do) and keep producing wealth so I get more sieges (which immigrants can also do - slowly). If Morul tantrums I'll savescum, but not until then.

In the meantime, the legendary armorer/weaponsmith/blacksmith got cut down in his bed (he's the only dwarf other than Morul I didn't want to lose) and a siege just showed up. Morul will handle them easily, but hauling the crap will take *forever*. I've got enough metal to train those skills back up to legendary, but it's a hassle. Oh well.

(And yes, it is fun)

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 01, 2009, 06:42:46 pm »

oh yes, the fort is having lotsa Fun

whats the forts name btw? and does morul have a title?

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 01, 2009, 06:45:05 pm »

martins sig....

lashedwines

and his title would be too long for anyone to have time to read.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 02, 2009, 08:39:30 am »

I never knew Morul had a wife; what's she like? Is she still ok? Does Morul have any kids?
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 02, 2009, 09:54:56 am »

No kids, I would certainly have reported on that.

Morul got married about 15 or 20 years in - it was quite some time. His wife was a legendary weaver at the time, and is now also a legendary dyer, and nearly legendary in both bone carving and leatherworking.

If she survives this (she's still miserable and periodically tantruming) they'll be one of the few remaining married couples, so she'll almost certainly become pregnant given the population settings on the fortress. They got married late enough that the fortress was already near the cap and there were very few pregnancies.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 02, 2009, 09:34:01 pm »

A random question that just occurred to me, Martin: what, if anything, do you buy from the caravans? Given that you chose the site expressly because it had (almost) every possible resource, it seems like there wouldn't be much left to buy these days. Especially since Morul's finished cheesemaker and dyer, which are otherwise a bit annoying to skill up.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 02, 2009, 10:17:38 pm »

A random question that just occurred to me, Martin: what, if anything, do you buy from the caravans? Given that you chose the site expressly because it had (almost) every possible resource, it seems like there wouldn't be much left to buy these days. Especially since Morul's finished cheesemaker and dyer, which are otherwise a bit annoying to skill up.

Good question.

For the first few decades I bought up all the metal and gems they would bring, as well as milk, barrels, leather, and all the meat/fish (to fill traps), as well as requesting some specific stone types (I really like to have a full inventory of colored stone and mechanisms to color code levers, floodgates, etc.) I bought barrels to preserve trees since I had to burn through many thousand to train Morul up.

Now, I still buy up all the metal and gems, but I also buy dye and bolts. I buy the dye because I've got a few thousand cave spider silk and am (er, was, and will again) use it to generate wealth and I don't feel like rejiggering the farms since they're working pretty well. I buy the bolts because I've got a mountain of goods, mechanisms, and so on to offload and they're a pretty efficient way to do that (and you can never have too many bolts).

I don't really need any of these things, but I haven't yet made Moruls suite, and I'm not really sure what I'll need to build it. I'll probably turn the ballista on the traders after that.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 03, 2009, 04:27:46 am »

Martin!

Can I use either Morul himself or a very close representation as a megabeast in my Assorted Silliness Mod? The link is in my sig.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 07, 2009, 10:01:20 pm »

Certainly you may use him, or an approximation of him.

Sorry about the lack of updates. I'm giving Morul and the tantruming a little break. Morul has been my only fortress for the last 3 months or so and here at the end it's been a bit slow for the overseer (other than the tantruming).

I'm over doing a fortress challenge that will last another week or so, just for a little something new to do. Morul will be back soon.

Pie

• Bay Watcher
  • Winner of the "most disturbing avatar" award.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 09, 2009, 10:37:24 am »

Hey, do you guys want to see another tribute animation? I'm thinking of doing a series of them where Morul just stays there, standing in the same pose, with only a beard to cover his modesty. And then shit happens around him. Any ideas from you guys? Or even Martin, since you created this mofo.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 09, 2009, 11:22:47 am »

Obviously it has to be goblins/orcs/something-appropriate's who's broken corpses fall to the ground behind him in various hideous/amusing ways.

That or quick flashes of him equipped in different gear, one for each of the job's he has done in his life, and something in the background appropriate for it. Miner gear, pick on shoulder and some adamantite on the background. A butcher's apron(or whatever it's called), cleaver in one hand and in the other, a kitten who doesn't know what's going on.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:24:32 am by Ieb »

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 16, 2009, 12:48:01 am »

ALLRIGHT, i have to ask, hwo is morul doing?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 16, 2009, 03:21:29 am »

I think Martin's still busy with the rivercross challenge, so Morul's game is on hold for the time being.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71