Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 260299 times)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #570 on: June 30, 2009, 11:22:23 pm »

One dead so far (one of the woodcutters got ahold of one of Moruls masterwork adamantine axes and cleaved through a fellow woodcutter) and a bunch of furniture to replace. It's not getting worse. Not better either. Not sure if season changes help reboot moods, but spring is 3 days away.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 30, 2009, 11:37:32 pm »

It takes a while for spirals to clear up.  I once lost 100 dwarves to tantruming and madness.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 30, 2009, 11:55:37 pm »

2nd dead - Dungeon Master. A planter just went insane.

Lost all but one of the legendary masons to the heat. The population was up to 79 and I wanted to keep it under 80 so some of the interesting bits could wait for the community to play with, so we're down (effectively) to 71 now, once that planter drops off.

ProfessorA

• Bay Watcher
  • don't close your eyes, they'll get your eyelids
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 01, 2009, 07:43:30 am »

As long as Morul avoids !!anything!! what's to worry about?  Even if he loses everyone he ever loved and is there all alone, you could trade for enough food to feed him with just one piece of adamantium whatever every year.  Even if he got so depressed he jumps off a cliff, he'd probably just knock a hole in the ground where he lands, get up and get on with his life.  And if toughness staves off starvation the way it staves off exhaustion then he could give up eating for a couple years and be fine.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 01, 2009, 08:59:29 am »

What are you talking about, knock a hole in the ground?

Morul will push the planet out of it's alignment, sending us into a spiral of ice ages the likes of which noone but the Dwarves will survive.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 01, 2009, 10:11:38 am »

What are you talking about, knock a hole in the ground?

Morul will push the planet out of it's alignment, sending us into a spiral of ice ages the likes of which noone but the Dwarves will survive.
All the elves would die then....IT MUST BE DONE!

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 01, 2009, 10:18:49 am »

Another dead, and 3 more either berserk (locked up) or melancholy. All but about 5 dwarves are now randomly tantruming - half locked in their rooms, the other half trying to keep on with running the fort.

I don't mind losing a bunch of dwarves, but it's really putting a crimp in my moat digging effort.

Morul is still ecstatic...

Gculk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 01, 2009, 11:37:31 am »

Well, I turned temp back on while the miners were in the swimming tank under 6/7 water. One died immediately and 4 others slowly burned to death the moment they left the tank. I was afraid of that since the ichor doesn't wash off, at best the water kept its impact to red wounds and once they left they'd just combust - which is precisely what happened. They're tough mofos and had no problems walking around for a week leaving a rather nice trail of smoke behind them. Since they've all been in the fortress for 40+ years, the fortress is now on the brink of a tantrum spiral. 8 dwarves are currently tantruming. And the world is on fire.

Morul, ecstatic, is standing by...
Why are your miners on fire again?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 01, 2009, 11:56:34 am »

You only need 200 happiness to be ecstatic.  I'm betting Morul probably has something like 1200 happiness, due to his shiny clothes, legendary dining room, and adamantine encrusted bedroom.  All the legendary soldiers in my fort only have fully engraved bedrooms, and their happiness is between 400-600.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 01, 2009, 11:57:56 am »

Why are your miners on fire again?

I turned off temp in order to get a large breach in the magma pipe in order to drain it. The miners got ichor (magma) on them and I had hoped to wash it off, etc. but that's proven impossible. When I turned temp back on they caught on fire.

Total of 12 dead so far, including the miners. Things aren't improving. Morul still ecstatic, but his wife is miserable.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 01, 2009, 12:03:49 pm »

if we go on old age about how long will morul be able to live?
i mean hes not going to live forever unless you modded dwarves maxage.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 01, 2009, 12:08:31 pm »

I think maxage is something like 120-150. Depends on how old dwarves are upon embark.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 01, 2009, 04:28:13 pm »

From what I've seen on Legend screens, dwarves that were present when a world is generated usually die of old age somewhere around Year 90 with a few dying as early as Year 70 or as late as Year 110. So they probably start somewhere between 30 and 60 years old.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 01, 2009, 05:43:44 pm »

i meant if it is any tool to check out any dwarfs age, would be very tragic if morul died  :P
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 01, 2009, 06:12:18 pm »

The spiral continues. 23 dead, 12 wounded and resting so far. (That's almost half the fortress)

The king went insane and jumped off the dining platform into the bottomless pit. One baby was also thrown into the pit. (I love this pit!) One of the magma pumps was destroyed and so the pipe is slowly refilling, but I need to wait for the magma to evaporate before I can replace it.

I've lost all of my legendary masons so it'll be a while before all the furniture can be replaced. Only one champion is tantruming, but the others are cool and Morul is still ecstatic (his wife is still alive and uninjured, but miserable). Nobody has died in the last week or so, so maybe things are starting to wind down.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 71