Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 260280 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #540 on: June 27, 2009, 06:31:17 pm »

Oh, and for the record, Enraged gives the same bonuses as Beserk without the team killing.  Martial trance does other stuff.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2009, 06:37:03 pm »

The most interesting dwarf has no need to lie.

If Morul says it, it becomes the Truth.

hrmm... then i should have him talk about how good i am in the sack, and how big of a harem i have... >.>

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 27, 2009, 06:54:15 pm »

well he doesnt get any better as ultra-mighty is the best strenght and so on and i think he have them maxed out. and if you have a meeting hall all dwarves get these because of the speech skills.
Actually i checked Dwarf Companion and i noticed that indeed Dwarf strength agility and toughness increase BEYOND what they say they do. I had a miner with 13 Toughness ( 100 Being the actual max and 6 being Super(Racename)lytough. ), so by the time Morul is finished...He will be able to wrestle...I would say he could beat a Giant with his bare hands, quite easily. And yes. Attributes beyond 6 DO count. A maxed out Frog Demon can beat anything.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 27, 2009, 06:56:17 pm »

well he doesnt get any better as ultra-mighty is the best strenght and so on and i think he have them maxed out. and if you have a meeting hall all dwarves get these because of the speech skills.
Actually i checked Dwarf Companion and i noticed that indeed Dwarf strength agility and toughness increase BEYOND what they say they do. I had a miner with 13 Toughness ( 100 Being the actual max and 6 being Super(Racename)lytough. ), so by the time Morul is finished...He will be able to wrestle...I would say he could beat a Giant with his bare hands, quite easily. And yes. Attributes beyond 6 DO count. A maxed out Frog Demon can beat anything.
Yep.  I think Morul's super high strength pretty much breaks the combat formula.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 27, 2009, 07:34:53 pm »

It's for this reason that the Guards in Nist Akath can tackle a Bronze Colossus modded to be 100 feet tall.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 27, 2009, 08:55:13 pm »

I'm still hoping that if Morul isn't wearing anything flammable, that he'll fare reasonably well. Not yet, since his weapons skills still all suck other than wrestling, but in about 10 years or so, that should be a much different situation.
So...he's fighting in the buff?  I'm just picturing naked Morul charging a SoF, and failing, because my brain keeps rebooting.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 27, 2009, 09:06:54 pm »

So...he's fighting in the buff?  I'm just picturing naked Morul charging a SoF, and failing, because my brain keeps rebooting.

Adamantine is generally non-flammable. At least to fireballs it is.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 27, 2009, 10:59:39 pm »

SOFs will melt/burn/boil anything except adamantine, I think: they're 25000 dorfdegrees, and adamantine's melting point is the same.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 27, 2009, 11:08:00 pm »

Shouldn't that mean Adamantine will give after prolonged exposure, and they'll take damage just from being with a few paces of SoFs?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 28, 2009, 12:46:38 am »

I've sent dwarves in wearing Iron or Steel, and the only thing that caught was their clothes.

Also, there is no such thing as prolonged exposure to a SoF.  You kill it or it kills you.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 28, 2009, 04:25:01 am »

Fighting wave after wave of SOF should count as prolonged exposure, as morul would stay within 5 tiles of one at all times....

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 28, 2009, 07:50:13 am »

I thought they melted adamantine if they were holding it.  Maybe getting a stuck in would instantly melt an adamantine weapon?  Hmm, does this happen, and does the SoF then have molten adamantine embedded in it?

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 28, 2009, 10:42:40 am »

I thought they melted adamantine if they were holding it.  Maybe getting a stuck in would instantly melt an adamantine weapon?  Hmm, does this happen, and does the SoF then have molten adamantine embedded in it?

I think that's the extent needed. Maybe a stuck weapon would melt, but I don't recall a single instance of a champions armor catching fire or melting when battling SOF. The champs either kill it or die. My thinking was to send Morul in with either hammer or axe, adamantine from head to toe including weapon, and lock the door behind him. He needs some skills though, and I'm thinking now (based on the tests so far) he's got to be in the L100 shield/armor range. That'll take some time.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #553 on: June 28, 2009, 12:46:49 pm »

I think that's the extent needed. Maybe a stuck weapon would melt, but I don't recall a single instance of a champions armor catching fire or melting when battling SOF. The champs either kill it or die. My thinking was to send Morul in with either hammer or axe, adamantine from head to toe including weapon, and lock the door behind him. He needs some skills though, and I'm thinking now (based on the tests so far) he's got to be in the L100 shield/armor range. That'll take some time.
You're going to want multiple champions in there, even if he has L100 shield/weapon/etc, SoF are just 'that' lucky sometimes.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 28, 2009, 02:36:26 pm »

I sent 5 ridiculously overpowered (>100 Shield, Armor, and Weapon users) Nist Akath Guards against SoF, and only 1 came back alive.  The deciding factor seems to be whether or not you get hit by their fire attack.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71