Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 260303 times)

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2009, 01:25:11 am »

Hmm...I'm inclined to think that the increased kill count for Morul is due at least in part to the fact that he was on the right side of the corridor, which the SoFs were consistently choosing. What happens if you swap Morul and Ironblood's sides?
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2009, 02:55:32 am »

They still go after Morul because he isn't covered in 5 inch thick packed and polished mud, blood and vomit! (story wise, have those layers been added to Ironblood in these tests?)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 26, 2009, 02:59:17 am »

Since I've never commented on it, Morul has exactly 243 mud, blood, and vomit items in his inventory. How's that stack up to Captain?

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 26, 2009, 03:57:08 am »

Ok, now that we've gotten a bit of a baseline on Morul thanks to DC, two sieges later we can see how he's fared. Between the first and second sieges, I upgraded the orcs to size 10, damblock 6 (+2 in each category) to see if that allowed Morul to spend more time fighting. It did, to the point of exhaustion when he faced two squads at once. Still didn't take any damage, but I'm nervous when he goes unconscious in the middle of battle, so I'll mix things up a bit.

Morul picked up two attributes - one right after the first siege and one right after the 2nd. He increased from 1,459,874 to 1,515,160 xp - 55K xp. That takes him from level 166 to 169. Wrestler has increased from level 38 to 41, shield user from 35 to 38, and armor user from 20 to 23. Hammerer from level 7 to 11. So, in experience points terms, even though he's training on hammer, he's gaining xp faster in wrestler, shield, and armor. The two attribute points were in toughness, increasing from 24 to 26.

Morul has at least one, and maybe 2 more rounds like this to finish hammerer, 4-5 rounds for sword, and 3-4 rounds with axe and spear each. He may pick up another 10-12 attributes by the time he's done with regular military training if this pace continues (Although I'm hoping bladed weapons increase faster than the blunt ones)

And of course, now I think he's going to have to get a weapon skill up to match Captains, which will take freaking forever.

Shadowics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 27, 2009, 12:04:37 am »

How are you going to get liar? Looks like thats the only one you might not be able to get.

Apparently the crossbow can be modded to train any skill. Once the normally achievable ones are done, I'll mod in the usually impossible ones such as throwing, etc.
I recalled reading this when looking at my dwarves just now.

It is possible for adult dwarves to gain skills in Liar. I just noticed that one of my starting 7 is a 'Great Liar'. The relevant personality tag appears to be "She is not straightforward when dealing with others."

I have no idea if it's possible to mod personalities so that Morul might lie 'naturally' though.

Alrenous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 27, 2009, 06:16:00 am »

The most interesting dwarf has no need to lie.
It started raining, then all my dwarves outside started bleeding to death. On inspection their upper bodies were missing.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 27, 2009, 07:21:00 am »

that doesnt mean he shouldnt be able to do it?
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 27, 2009, 07:46:21 am »

The game just doesnt dare to call him a liar.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 27, 2009, 09:25:22 am »

Hmm...
I wonder if it would still be considered heresy at this point to say that Morul>Chuck Norris?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 27, 2009, 10:18:32 am »

Hmm...
I wonder if it would still be considered heresy at this point to say that Morul>Chuck Norris?

No, but it would be heresy to say that Chuck Norris>Morul
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 27, 2009, 12:30:56 pm »

The most interesting dwarf has no need to lie.

If Morul says it, it becomes the Truth.
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 27, 2009, 02:31:15 pm »

"Uhh... I didn't eat the cookie!"
*A cookie appears in the cookie jar out of thin air*
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 27, 2009, 02:33:17 pm »

"Uhh... I didn't eat the cookie!"
*A cookie appears in the cookie jar out of thin air*
Except it was there all along. It altered the timestream.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 27, 2009, 06:23:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure Morul or Ironblood could both trounce frogs or tentacles, but the random flamingness of the SoFs seems to be causing problems for both of them.  Locking them in is one thing to try, or possibly making a waterfall between them and their beds to extinguish random fires.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2009, 06:30:14 pm »

I'm still hoping that if Morul isn't wearing anything flammable, that he'll fare reasonably well. Not yet, since his weapons skills still all suck other than wrestling, but in about 10 years or so, that should be a much different situation.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71