Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 260271 times)

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #930 on: January 12, 2010, 12:27:18 pm »

No speed is still vanilla. But they reach legendary in a couple of RL minutes, at least in wrestling.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 12, 2010, 01:09:14 pm »

I just checked some of my other dwarves, and weapon sparring is insanely productive for some dwarves, but not for others. One is a level 63 swordsman, and nobody was given a sword until Morul was, so Morul had as much sparring opportunity as the others, yet is still only level 14, even with all the orc slaughter. There are two others in the high 50s, so there's something about sparring when other skills/xp/stats are factored in. Nobody else is over 1.2M experience though. Some other notables:

level 79 appraiser (other than Morul's stint, I think I've had the same trader for the whole life of the fortress)
level 96 furnace operator plus a level 78 furnace operator (yes, a lot of armor to melt and a lot of adamantine wafers to make)
level 84 grower and level 30 potash maker (2131 clear glass windows, plus clear glass blocks)
Morul's wife is a level 46 weaver and level 38 flatterer and still hasn't gotten knocked up
level 41 strand extractor

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 12, 2010, 01:12:10 pm »

Thats just... wow! I think most of them could take on an orc siege... unmodded  ::)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 12, 2010, 01:20:19 pm »

Morul's wife is a level 46 weaver and level 38 flatterer and still hasn't gotten knocked up

So sigged.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 12, 2010, 03:47:09 pm »

how 'bout woodburner? Need those for clear glass too.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 12, 2010, 04:21:45 pm »

I just checked some of my other dwarves, and weapon sparring is insanely productive for some dwarves, but not for others. One is a level 63 swordsman, and nobody was given a sword until Morul was, so Morul had as much sparring opportunity as the others, yet is still only level 14, even with all the orc slaughter. There are two others in the high 50s, so there's something about sparring when other skills/xp/stats are factored in. Nobody else is over 1.2M experience though. Some other notables:

level 79 appraiser (other than Morul's stint, I think I've had the same trader for the whole life of the fortress)
level 96 furnace operator plus a level 78 furnace operator (yes, a lot of armor to melt and a lot of adamantine wafers to make)
level 84 grower and level 30 potash maker (2131 clear glass windows, plus clear glass blocks)
level 41 strand extractor
I don't think a mere level 38 flatterer could do Morul justice to be honest.

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:48 pm »

When Morul finally does finally become the Dwarf di Tutti Dwarves, you need to lock him in his bedroom for one last duty.
Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 12, 2010, 10:20:36 pm »

63? Wow. What level is legendary?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 12, 2010, 10:28:57 pm »

63? Wow. What level is legendary?

15 - and Legendary +5 is 20. Wow indeed.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »

15 is legendary. So they went from nothing to Legendary +48 in 8 years.  I'll have to recheck who is who, but two of the military with the high stats were born in the fortress. One is the child of the mayor, the other lost both parents in the tantrum spiral - dad burst in flames to set off the spiral, and mom died during it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:31:13 pm by Martin »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 12, 2010, 10:31:16 pm »

God damn, with level 38 flatterer, you could probably convince a white supremacist that he looks great in black.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 12, 2010, 10:43:34 pm »

Maybe Morul, who almost never uses a skill he isn't legendary in, has performance anxiety?  :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #942 on: January 12, 2010, 11:53:56 pm »

A pre-new-version treat for everyone. The first post has been updated. I turn Morul over to the community.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 13, 2010, 12:08:39 am »

'Martin' Fortressmaster has become a legendary champion! Hail 'Martin' Fortressmaster!

Seriously, though - outstandingly impressive. I would doubt you have anything less but the highest respect from this entire board. Congrats on carrying out the best megaproject ever.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 13, 2010, 12:12:35 am »

Indeed, Martin truly belongs in the pantheon of Dwarf Fortress, as god of... um... Well, I'm not entirely sure what he's god of, but he's certainly god of something! Morul himself probably counts, too, as god of knowledge or somesuch, or maybe just Interestingness.

Regardless, all hail Morul, the Most Interesting Dwarf in the World!
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 71