Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 260317 times)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #870 on: January 06, 2010, 07:44:03 pm »

No, I'm going to give everyone the fortress and let you do it. That way people can try him out with different weapons, skill him up more and then send him in, whatever.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 06, 2010, 08:00:17 pm »

You could record it, then savescum to before you did.

And yes. Dorf Heaven has SoFuns.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 06, 2010, 08:03:08 pm »

We've finished 70 out of 71 legendary skills, and the last is 1/3 done. I started this challenge in March and NOW you are impatient?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 06, 2010, 08:12:00 pm »

We've finished 70 out of 71 legendary skills, and the last is 1/3 done. I started this challenge in March and NOW you are impatient?

Yes. Now that he's close to being done, we are eager for our new toy/god.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 06, 2010, 10:13:35 pm »

Hmm you're right Martin.  I'm sorry for being so impatient I'm just having Gaming ADD atm.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 07, 2010, 02:03:03 am »

Wait... Swordsdwarf is his last skill? I didn't know that!

Man, it's crazy how close we are. Expert in his last skill! :o
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 07, 2010, 02:16:51 am »

Yeah, looking back it appears I never did an update when he hit legendary spear. That must have happened right when I had to bug out for a bit. I'll need to track down what season that happened in and fill in the details. 252 is when he finished axe. He was already pretty far along on spear since he hunted with that quite a bit. Maybe 256 or 257. It's 260 now.

The sieges really slowed down when the tantrum spiral hit, and they're usually only 4 squads now instead of 5. I kinda regret not waiting until Morul was done to fix that. Oh well.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 07, 2010, 10:36:51 pm »

'nother siege. 5 squads this time, thankfully. Three were kind enough to wander into the entrance tunnel to be trapped. None of the 5 squads escaped.

Morul is near the tail end of Professional Swordsdwarf, so I think he's fully halfway through. There isn't much more for the dwarves to do, so they're finishing up gathering the surface spider webs and I've decided to sorta pave over the bottom of the chasm. They're building a 3-wide platform at the bottom of the chasm out of green glass, with one open tile on each side and will work up to get access to the various small caves along the chasm. I think there's at least one more GCS out there. There are still two of them caged (untamed) and I'm hoping to score a 3rd. Maybe I'll build a GCS silk farm before I'm done.

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 07, 2010, 11:00:34 pm »

GCS silk farm seems like a good plan. If nothing else, it will help solve the problem of what to do with some of the dwarves...as it's usually risky business.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 08, 2010, 12:27:25 am »

If you're playing on dwarf heaven, I KNOW the sides of the chasm are full of GCS. I've killed about five, with two more dead of something unknown.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 08, 2010, 12:59:47 am »

Sweet! I've got plenty of cages.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 08, 2010, 09:49:35 pm »

Another siege. They're coming more regularly now. Probably has something to do with the 3,852 adamantine wafers now in inventory and the fading memory of the tantrum spiral.

This one came on the tail end of a human caravan arriving, and two squads spawned right next to where the on-foot traders were hitting the map. None of the traders died so I was still able to trade (gems and meat in, bone bolts and totems out) but one trader did get a yellow head wound as they snuck through the melee.

The caravan guards were wholly unprepared for the upgraded orcs and all that were in range got slaughtered (most were already at the trade depot). They weren't totally impotent, however. One human archer loosed his entire quiver into the orc ranks and managed to kill one of them before the others finished off his melee friends and turned and clobbered him. Morul avenged them all and is now well into Accomplished Swordsdwarf.

The chasm floor is steadily being glassed over and cage traps prepared to receive more GCS.

Majorlag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 08, 2010, 10:41:40 pm »

Morul Facts:

The HFS is hiding from Morul.
Morul doesn't drink strawberry wine, he uses it to wash the blood out of his eyes.
Under Morul's beard there is no chin, there is only another beard.
Morul doesn't mine with a pick, he just stares down the rock.
Morul once ambushed his own shadow.
Morul atom smashes draw bridges.

The True Adventures of ___________

Insight into the minds of Dwarf Fortress Players - Random Quote of the Month:
He once spent a week visiting a cave in which there lived seven giants.  Each day, he would come in, track down each of the giants, and beat it to the point of unconsciousness.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 08, 2010, 10:51:37 pm »

not again...
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 09, 2010, 02:17:34 am »

Ok, I've got a newbish question here.

Morul's kills are, of course, mostly in Lashedwines, but he has a very few (4 out of 1589 lesser kills) in 'The Grim Rust of Arenas'. Along the west edge of the map, there's a 4 tile wide strip that I cannot station Morul or any other soldier in. I get a red X instead of the usual yellow. Is it possible that's actually considered a different region?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71