Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 260379 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #780 on: December 23, 2009, 07:42:52 pm »

I can only assume that this is what sieges are like for Morul.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or at least when he's done swordsdwarf and switches over to the bitchin' artifact adamantine short sword.

EDIT: I just realized, the guy who writes 8-Bit Theater is probably a DF player
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:40:34 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 23, 2009, 07:45:46 pm »

I was under the impression that Morul was "finished", at least to the point of non-mod-training.

I don't believe the last few weapon skills were legendary'd. Martin had also originally been planning on posting the saves for Morul pre-military, in full legendary prime, and with legendary lying and throwing through modding for a total of three saves. He also hasn't opened up his HFS yet.

Still, even if takes a few months more, I'd love to hear the rest of Morul's tale.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 29, 2009, 03:29:44 am »

Deepest apologies all. Life intervened and took me away from DF for a spell. I'll be committing the time I have to finishing Morul off in this last remaining weapon skill - sword, and then getting files uploaded.

Reviewing the state of things, Morul's sword skill is so low that he can't even land a sword strike against the upgraded Orcs, so he winds up just tossing them around as usual. I downgraded them to normal (they might be normal, I'm not sure, I've screwed with them so much I forgot what an orc is supposed to look like). Anyway, next siege should at least get Sworddwarf on the map.

Oh, I forgot how absurdly slow this map runs now. I need to followup on Toady's log. I had immense hope for the next version - I hope things are going smoothly. I'll have to figure out what challenge to undertake with the new features.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 29, 2009, 03:40:14 am »

My other problem is I can't remember the state of anything else in the fortress except for Morul. There's a limited population thanks to the most awesome tantrum spiral. Lots of stuff all in neat piles including plenty of food. What is everyone supposed to be doing? I have no freaking idea. They're doing the usual - hauling orc body parts and crappy armor. This will take a while to get my bearings.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 29, 2009, 05:05:17 am »

Welcome back, Martin.

Woo! It's alive! And is near completion :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 29, 2009, 05:31:04 am »

Yay we missed you!  ;D

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 29, 2009, 05:40:35 am »

Huzzah! Dabbling swordwarf thanks to sparring and I remembered how to plant my farms and make booze! Onward!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 29, 2009, 12:36:58 pm »

I nominate Morul to be a swordsdwarf when he's finally done.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 29, 2009, 02:14:03 pm »

Huzzah! Welcome back, Martin.

I nominate Morul to be a swordsdwarf when he's finally done.

I take your swordsmaster and raise you a hammer or macelord. The sheer distance Morul gets on those things is astounding.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 29, 2009, 02:56:08 pm »

The dwarves really don't have much to do. The fortress is largely complete and furnished. The damage from the tantrum spiral has been repaired. Morul's suite is done. We've got another 1000+ bars of steel as the furnace operator has been working diligently.

I've decided I'm going to flood the 8 embark tile hunting area to turn it into a subterranean forest. It can still be used as a hunting area that way. The underground river is close to the holding area and there's a small drain on one side to the chasm. It'll take ages to flood properly and then drain, but why not? It looks like I can safely channel from the river to a vertical shaft that drops straight into the 48x48 holding area and control the water flow with a hatch on a switch. Because the area is so large, evaporation will be a major issue. There's only a single tile drain on the level now, which I'll expand to 3 tiles, but it'll still take ages to drain. The dwarves have started clearing the many thousands of gabbro stones and the bones left over from the hunt. I still have gabbro modded to extract adamantine from, so I'll just make a shitton of adamantine out of it all. Well, we already have 750 wafers, but there will be more, okay?

Not sure the project will complete before Morul does, so y'all will get it in whatever state it's in.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 29, 2009, 03:00:04 pm »

:-D
Excuse me while I dance around excitably for several hours.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 29, 2009, 08:12:07 pm »

While I clean up, I found an unexpected side-effect of my upgraded Orcs. They drop 25 bones and make stacks of 125 bolts. I'd been dumping all my bones and corpses, but I thought I'd knock out some new trade goods and only now noticed the effect.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 30, 2009, 03:28:06 am »

This demands illustration.

Fault, get in here! Draw us an orc that has... lessee... five times as much hugeness and bonelitude as a normal orc. I suspect that it has spikes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 30, 2009, 07:16:44 pm »

Glad to see you back Martin. Was getting worried.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 30, 2009, 10:27:44 pm »

Huzzah!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 71