Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 255290 times)

Kroack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2009, 09:47:39 pm »

Actually, I always though of Morul more like this guy: Simo Hayha.

Since the majority of fighting took place in the forest, he figured the best way to stop the invasion was to grab his trusty rifle, a couple of cans of food and hide in a tree all day shooting Russians. In six feet of snow. And 20-40 degrees below zero.

Of course when the Russians heard that dozens of their men were going down and that it was all one dude with a rifle, they got fucking scared. He became known as "The White Death" because of his white camouflage outfit, and they actually mounted whole missions just to kill that one guy.

They started by sending out a task force to find Hayha and take him out. He killed them all.

Then they tried getting together a team of counter-snipers (which are basically snipers that kill snipers) and sent them in to eliminate Hayha. He killed all of them, too.

Over the course of 100 days, Hayha killed 542 people with his rifle. He took out another 150 or so with his SMG, sending his credited kill-count up to 705.

Has a nice writeup on Mad Jack in there as well as a few others.

Total Annihilation. That's pretty awesome too.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2009, 10:56:00 pm »

The contingency plan is the most bad ass plan in all of video games, right up there with the forerunners and the rings.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 23, 2009, 11:08:43 pm »

The contingency plan is the most bad ass plan in all of video games, right up there with the forerunners and the rings.

Huh?

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 24, 2009, 12:12:15 am »

Ok, finally got Dwarf Companion running. How do I do the calculation here. Captain says that Ironblood is level 126, but I don't see how he got that. I stitched together a screengrab of Morul's stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Highlights:

1,459,874 XP
23 strength
25 agility
24 toughness

He's having trouble skilling up on weapons because it's all going to wrestling. Nice shield user skill though - those sieges are really cranking it up.

(crossposted to the cpt ironblood thread)

For comparison, Cpt Ironblood is Lvl 37 wrestler and Lvl 30 shield user, so Morul has a slight edge (this is shocking to me, Morul has only relatively recently entered the military). Cpt Ironblood's level 30 Axeman just destroys Morul, however. They're equal on strength, but Morul wrecks him on agility (25 vs 19) and toughness (24 vs 13) and has almost 2x the experience. (For those that don't live on the wiki, 5 is Ultra-Mighty, Perfectly Agile, Superdwarvenly Tough, so these guys are monsters.)

So long as axes weren't the weapon, I'd like to see Morul in that fight. :)

I guess we can look at the combat formula now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:26:35 am by Martin »

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 24, 2009, 02:06:44 am »

Actually, speaking of the combat formula. I'll look into it in a few days, but I'm particularly curious about Morul vs. SoF.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 24, 2009, 02:20:38 am »

But asking Ironblood not to use his axe because he's too good at it would like... Asking Simo Hayha not to use guns because he's too good at it. Utterly pointless.

Besides. Ironblood has gone back into military training now that he's not a mayor.

...Look out behind you, Morul.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 24, 2009, 02:32:08 am »

I wasn't suggesting that Ironblood not use his axe, just that I'd not expect Morul to win that battle. Any other combination, I think Morul earns better than even odds, even without his armor. And in the axe battle, Ironblood better make that first hit count, because if Morul gets on top of him, it's all wrestling.

Ironblood is at a serious training disadvantage not having orcs. In 6 years Morul picked up 38 levels of wrestling and 35 levels of shield, and he stopped training wrestling at level 15. That's the benefit of having 30 orcs jump on you at once while another dozen shoot at you constantly.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 24, 2009, 09:24:00 am »

Holy crap, this means morul is somewhere around level 1100
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 24, 2009, 09:49:27 am »

Well, I don't think so. Captain Ironblood is level 126 (according to Captain Mayday), and Morul only has 2x the experience. Where can I find the formula to calculate it?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 24, 2009, 10:30:34 am »

I thought Mayday just added up the levels, but now that I think about it, that doesn't really make sense.  Ask him how he did it.

In other news, I just put morul into my fortress.  He doesn't have all the skills he does in your game because that would require somebody to have all the skills in general, but he has all the military skills and ridiculous stats which are all that's needed in this fight.

Edit:  The captain is there too.  I just need to build a basic arena, get them geared up, and get this show on the road.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:04:49 am by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 24, 2009, 01:05:46 pm »

I thought Mayday just added up the levels, but now that I think about it, that doesn't really make sense.  Ask him how he did it.

In other news, I just put morul into my fortress.  He doesn't have all the skills he does in your game because that would require somebody to have all the skills in general, but he has all the military skills and ridiculous stats which are all that's needed in this fight.

Edit:  The captain is there too.  I just need to build a basic arena, get them geared up, and get this show on the road.

Getting a real fight would be a challenge. I think you need to make one berzerk and the other in a martial trance or something (to balance out the berzerk modifier) in order to get them to go full-force.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 24, 2009, 01:18:58 pm »

Getting a real fight would be a challenge. I think you need to make one berzerk and the other in a martial trance or something (to balance out the berzerk modifier) in order to get them to go full-force.

Just lock both in the arena, then use DC to set one as hostile.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 24, 2009, 01:20:22 pm »

Nah, just make another a 'enemy' faction.
Boom! The world is haxxed already...

edit: shinobi'd... DAMN YOU EAGLE-KUN!

>_<

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 24, 2009, 01:24:25 pm »

MWAHAHAHAA!

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 24, 2009, 03:02:55 pm »

Okay everyone, bets are now being accepted on how far and how high the various body parts will fly, minimum height of accepted bets is 3 z-levels. minimum horizontal distance in 20 tiles, just in case they're in particular bad luck.

Bets on who is going to win are now also being accepted.
Go.

but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71