Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 254876 times)

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2009, 11:01:20 pm »

A: Morul is awesome.

B: If you keep comparing Morul to Ironblood, someone's going to write a slash fic. Nobody wants to see that.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 16, 2009, 12:49:05 pm »

B: If you keep comparing Morul to Ironblood, someone's going to write a slash fic. Nobody wants to see that.
Unless of course, by slash-fic, you mean a fan-fic involving hacking and slashing with swords and axes.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #407 on: June 16, 2009, 01:11:19 pm »

Unless of course, by slash-fic, you mean a fan-fic involving hacking and slashing with swords and axes.
If only, but now I'm imagining lesbian dwarven sex.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 16, 2009, 02:08:09 pm »

But what happens if Oldbeard decides to stop watching and jeering and joins in on the fighting?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 16, 2009, 03:01:19 pm »

If only, but now I'm imagining lesbian dwarven sex.
But what happens if Oldbeard decides to stop watching and jeering and joins in on the fighting?

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 16, 2009, 04:50:58 pm »

It's too bad the Orc-a-pult method of fighting doesn't give Morul experience in Throwing or else he'd be well on his way in that category as well.

Not yet, but I can turn the ballista on the human caravan if the need arises. The 4 orc squads was encouraging. I've been building and installing clear glass windows which adds about 100K to the fortress wealth for each floor, so maybe that's helping bring the orcs back.

Maybe you'll luck out and get an expensive artifact from a mood, especially if you have any adamantine lying around. That'll drive up the value of the fort quite nicely.

How artifacts many do you have at this point anyway?

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 16, 2009, 05:32:38 pm »

Any artifact that requires stone can be manipulated to use raw adamantine, which gives it a ridiculous boost in value. If it's furniture, you can then build it to double the effective value for your fort.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 16, 2009, 06:43:01 pm »

58 artifacts out of 74 dwarves.

I've essentially stopped digging at this point, so there hasn't been a mood in ages. Once the windows are in, I'll start making some other things. Maybe just a shitton of masterwork obsidian statues to install in rooms, or mechanisms, or something.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 16, 2009, 07:18:33 pm »

58 artifacts out of 74 dwarves.

I've essentially stopped digging at this point, so there hasn't been a mood in ages. Once the windows are in, I'll start making some other things. Maybe just a shitton of masterwork obsidian statues to install in rooms, or mechanisms, or something.

How many aluminum/platinum nuggets or raw adamantine do you have on hand? A masterwork aluminum statue alone is worth something like 12K if I recall correctly. Or was that for a aluminum mechanism?

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 16, 2009, 11:58:06 pm »

Oh, 40 or so adamantium. I've been cautious to not breach the pit - saving that for later. Something like 400 wafers, though. 1500 steel bars. I can crank out quite a bit of value. I'm adding about 4M per year now it appears, just from the windows and other bits.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 16, 2009, 11:59:20 pm »

What's your framerate at?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2009, 12:07:02 am »

Don't know - the Mac 40d doesn't give framerate (I understand this is fixed up in d10 or so). But it's a bit slow. Not sure why - item count isn't climbing. Population is stable. Critters are all locked up tight.

But I've been doing a lot of other work on the computer, so it might just be all of that - haven't been able to spend too much time on Morul or creating wealth.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 17, 2009, 12:49:03 am »

Bah!

I just had to savescum when Morul teleported through a steel wall grate in the swimming room and fell in a chasm. Stupid bugs...
What about wall BARS?
Finis sanctificat media.

cliff987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 17, 2009, 06:30:48 am »

Don't know - the Mac 40d doesn't give framerate (I understand this is fixed up in d10 or so). But it's a bit slow. Not sure why - item count isn't climbing. Population is stable. Critters are all locked up tight.

But I've been doing a lot of other work on the computer, so it might just be all of that - haven't been able to spend too much time on Morul or creating wealth.

My theory is that Morul is slowly reaching some manner of data critical mass, and will soon achieve sentience.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 17, 2009, 11:22:46 am »

My theory is that Morul is slowly reaching some manner of data critical mass, and will soon achieve sentience.
And a pop-up box reading 'Thanks' will appear on Martin's screen, just before Morul takes over the internet.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 71