Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eternal Prision  (Read 1445 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Eternal Prision
« on: April 29, 2009, 05:36:44 am »

Stop me if I've got this wrong..

So. You make a bauxite cage, and trap a sleeping/berserking dwarf in one.. I bet some of you can see where this is going..  ;D  Anyway, you do that, and then throw the cage down into a magma pool..down, down it sinks, past a retracting bridge you made earlier, into a small room. You pull a lever, and the bridge closes, and flood gates open, allowing the magma in the room to disperse to save(r) levels. Then, the dwarf is let out of the cage, below the magma, with no possible chance of returning. Here he will spend the rest of his days.

Is this possible?

EDIT- Spelling mistakes, and more sense-ical making words.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:40:15 am by Dr. Johbson »

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal Prision
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:45:39 am »

...how will you release him out of his cage?
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 05:53:00 am »

Lever that would be hooked up before I sent him down into the pits. That, or I have an "Exiled" civilization living down below the bridge. I mean, I'd have to build the magma pit and the bridge and the floodgates by hand, first, then pump the magma in, then somehow block entry from the exiled ones to the non-exiled ones.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 06:29:36 am »

You can only hook stationary cages to levers, but A+ for awesome idea :)
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Tizer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:awesome top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 06:44:15 am »

Ya can't build a cage out of stone. But of course you can make Iron(or another magma proof metal) cage. But to get the dwarf out of the cage it has to be built, then released. You could make a magneto prison like thing in the middle of the magma with a retractable bridge that looks like something like this.
Code: [Select]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
_____________~
######### ☺ #~
~~~~~~~~#####~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Code: [Select]
~~~~
___~
#.=%
~~~~

Mainly its a retractable bridge with a roof,  floodgates on both ends and a magma pump somewhere on the side to remove the magma to have a safe passing to and from the prison when the bridge is extended.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 06:49:15 am »

If you build a floor, put the cage on that and disconnect it, would that do it or would the cage be destroyed?

Tizer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:awesome top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 06:51:41 am »

If you build a floor, put the cage on that and disconnect it, would that do it or would the cage be destroyed?
Can't build on constructed floors. only on top of constructed walls.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 06:53:51 am »

Yes you can, I think you may be thinking of roads or the fact you can't build walls on constructed floors

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 07:11:03 am »

Ah, I see, looks like I'll have to keep someone down in the pits to unlock the dwarf, then. Oh well., whatever works.  ;D Now..The question is, How could I possibly make this even better?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 07:12:33 am »

The question is, How could I possibly make this even better?
Even more magma

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 07:14:14 am »

The question is, How could I possibly make this even better?
Even more magma

This and celebrating with a human dwarf elf sacrifice.The sacrifice would be made by fossilizing an elf in obsidian :P
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 11:26:13 am »

It would work for about a season or two, but the berserk dwarf would eventually die, even with his cage.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 11:41:11 am »

It would work for about a season or two, but the berserk dwarf would eventually die, even with his cage.
Give him a small farm plot... but no way to make booze. He will eventually go nuts. For even more giggles, channel out a couple of squares of the prison floor, with a ramp leading back out of the pit. After he goes nuts, he might repeatedly try to kill himself by throwing himself into the pit... then climbing out... then throwing himself in again... but it's much too shallow to actually hurt him.
Never pet a burning dog.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 01:22:31 pm »

Farm plot, and some way for him to get water, possibly by pump.  If he doesn't go insane, he'll eventually breakout, bulging with muscles.
And don't forget to leave him an <<iron mask>> or something.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 01:52:15 pm »

Give him a small farm plot... but no way to make booze. He will eventually go nuts. For even more giggles, channel out a couple of squares of the prison floor, with a ramp leading back out of the pit. After he goes nuts, he might repeatedly try to kill himself by throwing himself into the pit... then climbing out... then throwing himself in again... but it's much too shallow to actually hurt him.

Hm... If I have a few barrels of food, but the dwarf has no way of getting to them..Could he live of rats? How would I have to make it so they could get the food, but he can't, yet he can get to the rats? But I do the like very small pit idea.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2