Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mega Project? Tricky one. . . Need suitable location.  (Read 1683 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Project? Tricky one. . . Need suitable location.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 11:51:42 pm »

hmm..... just got an idea.

a giant walkway, lined with pumps all the way from the top to the bottom, but full of water. underneath the hidden walkway is a huge cistern. at the pull of a lever, the pumps pump out the walkway and the rest of the water in the walkway spills into the cistern to be pumped out later. What remains is a revealed ramp down to the bottom of the ocean, where you see a mysterious steel and bauxite airlock...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Project? Tricky one. . . Need suitable location.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 03:43:23 am »

While I've seen the Greatbridge of Oceans fort, it lacks a few things I'd like -- namely: mermaids, magma, and giant cliffs/bottomlesspit/chasm/etc.
And ASCII wise for maps:
Anything round:
LLWWLL
LLWWLL
LLWWLL
to
LWWL
LWLL
LWWL
to
LLWWLL
LLWWLL
LLWWLL
LLWWLL
LLWWLL
LLWWLL

Will do just fine as long as above requirements are met. (90 degree rotation also works. Limit of 36 squares in fort area, 2x12 works fine too, so long as the long way has water division -- does mean ALOT more pumps though.)
So, ideally I would have:
FFWWMM
FFWWMM
FFWWMM
HHWWMM
HHWWMM
HHWWMM
Where: H=hills, F=forest, W=sea (Multi-z-level) M=mountains. Start on hill/forest side. Goal to part water to reach the mountains. BRING MY PEOPLE HOME. You know, that kind of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]